Medical and fitness exam.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LaurenMc, Jan 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello I'm new to this, I've just recently passed my Psychometric tests and my eye test, and so I await my Fitness and medical.

What I am unsure about is in the actual fitness test, how many chin ups does a woman have to do, (I have been getting mixed answers, some people saying I don't need to do any some saying that I do).

Also, what during your medical could deem you unsuitable for the Royal Navy and so rejected?

I'm going into CIS.

Thanks x

2. Many things.

3. Thanks that narrowed it down :)

Any help with chin ups, do I need to do them in my fitness test?

4. Women dont need to do chin ups during the PJFT, you’ll only be required to complete a 2.4km run on a treadmill at a local fitness centre. This will need to be within the maximum time in the relevant category below.

15-24 13min 15sec
    25-29 13min 50sec
    30-34 14min 28sec
    35-39 15min 09sec

5. 13 minutes?!! You walk it?

6. Thats about 6.5 mph for 1.5mile... so yes... it is a walk!

7. I have my medical on tuesday! I have been told by numerous people who have already done the pjft and from research on here, i gather that all you do is the run.

joining as MA :)

8. I have my medical the 1st of feb, how did your go? :)

9. I have to wait until I get results back from an op i am having next week and get further details on a medical issue before I can progress with my application!

10. OMM

OMM War Hero

The PJFT times are horrendous, you would need to be severely unfit or crippled to not pass.

There's no chin ups its just a run.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

11. Ahh well good luck !

12. you might be a bit surprised to find out that the RN has the most demanding minimum 2.4k standards out of the USN, Canadian Navy and RAN.

2.4k times for men under 25
    RN - 11:13
    USN - 13:30
    CN - 12:00
    RAN - 13:00

And the big shocker for me was that the US navy SEAL minimum run time is 11min.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  13. The girls running times are ridiculously easy

14. OMM

OMM War Hero

Both males and females fitness standards are laughable.

15. You'd be surprised how many struggle when they get to Raleigh.

16. OMM

OMM War Hero

Yea I saw a few having to have a few goes at it on that mini-series about basic.

Then when one bird eventually passed in something like 12:40 she said "it's surprising how fit they get you during basic"....