Medical and capita

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jakeo, Apr 20, 2017.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Tags:
  1. right hi guys, I'm having a real issue with the medical stage at the moment especially as it seems that capita seem to take so long to do anything. I was declared TMU and they had to write to my GP (the reason was varicose veins). Currently been waiting around three months for them to actually pay the GP for them to release my medical history. Any advise is gladly welcomed. Cheers.

2. Get on to your GP and explain the situation. Chances are it has been sat in their in tray for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if your practice has revived he money and then not done anything.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks mate, it's worth a shout they seem as useless as capita

4. Tigerpaw is spot on, currently going through TMU as well, chasing your gp and capita is just part of the process (my gp being a big hold up). I make a point of calling both every friday, you'll get some answers soon enough, keep chasing them and stick with it pal!

5. cheers mate, it seems that nobody really seems to know whats going on, going to try and get some answers today. cheers for the help lads

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Whilst errors are made by AFCOs & Capita, most delays are caused by GP surgeries. Very often surgery staff will claim they haven't received the letter, ask for a re-send, then demand payment before they do anything.

It is frustrating from all angles, but the bottom line is the GP surgery priority is primary healthcare rather than occupational health. The Occ Health side is a revenue generator for the GP but an additional administrative burden to the clerical staff, so very often the Practice Manager will naturally direct his staff to prioritise according to need.

I can kind of understand all angles in the infernal triangle but sometimes nipping into your local surgery and having a polite chat with the practice manager can work wonders.

7. cheers mate

8. Quick update, the problem was with the GP, the paperwork was sent off today so capita should have everything come next week. Cheers for the help and suggestions lads

• Like Like x 3
  9. Hello, I have a vericous vein on my thigh,Did they allow you to carry on with your application? I'm sitting my psychometric next week