Medical 2

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by veritas_82, Mar 4, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I failed my medical assessment because of a curly toe that doesn't causes any issues. I was wandering what is the appealing procedure and what are the chances for a positive outcomes.

2. Definitive medical advice can only be given by a currently qualified service medical professional....
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As stated, definitive advice can only be given by those qualified.

I'm not, but in order to manage realistic expectations, an appeal can only succeed if you can prove you meet the standard for entry, not because you don't agree with the standard required.

To give a pointer, the Joint Service Publication refers to the standards which are non-negotiable in paragraphs 3.12.37 & 3.12.38 ;
  4. Thanks Ninja
    • Like Like x 1
  5. In relation to this, can we find out anywhere what each element means I.e. L2? I'm not quite 3 months short of an ankle sprain for my medical. Although I was only out of training for a week, and back to normal now, I don't want this to cause any issues.
  6. Thanks very much veritas. I should be ok then!
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, says nothing about panda hybrids, to be fair ;)

The numerical grading is the issue. For entry, you must be a '2'. If graded 8 in any category, it's unfit to join. The numerical grades in between only apply to those currently serving.