Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by pammi2010, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. right okaay i took my medical the other day and faild due to the fact of a tromatic thing that happen a few years back they phoned up the woman i was seeing and she said i had PTSD but i then when to my doctor because i didnt think this was true and he comfirmed that i was right i have never been medical diganosed with PTSD so i have never had it in my life can i appeal against this with a letter from my doctor saying i have never had it? thanks.
  2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Angry Doc is your man for this. Have you ever been diagnosed with having PTSD?
  3. no i have never been diagnosed with it, thats what my doctor was tell me! so am going to see him on tuesday and hes writing a letter for me to add on to my appeal, am just wonder if am waisting my time or if its worth it?
  4. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's worth a punt i suppose. Nothing ventured and all that. Mind you, i have no idea. No doubt Angry Doc will give you the info when he logs on.
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Who when where?
  7. This woman who said you had PTSD was she quallified to make such a diagnosis?
    Or was she your next door neighbour with a copy of the Readers Digest Home First Aider?
    As Blackrat said AngryDoc is your best bet, but I'd take it to PM for privacy.
  8. Yep hes probably suffering from it right now. :D
  9. I'm sure he's suffering a bit of Trauma at the moment. :wink:
  10. Sorry to hear about your incorrect diagnosis, i was just wondering though, are you writing the letter of appeal yourself as your spelling, grammar and punctuation is shocking. Please use the spellcheck on your pc and read through it before you hand it in as you'll do yourself no favours with spelling like that.
    Good luck with your appeal.
  11. Bet hes going for Scribes as well!LOL
  12. Pammi

I've asked AngryDoc to have a look at this.
  13. And breathe.........
  14. Right - I think I have PTSD having read your post. It is barely legible. There are pedants on this forum - I am not usually one of them but your post is so hard to read I very nearly gave up halfway though.

You need to clarify who "this woman you see" is. Is she a psychiatrist, psychotherapist, psychologist, counsellor or someone who you met in the queue at Tescos? If she works for Mental Health Services, then her view that you have PTSD is likely to hold significant weight.

The more pressing point is the fact that "this woman" was involved at all. The fact you went to see her (or were referred to her) points to the fact that something happened that meant you required counselling. Depending on how long ago this was, this in itself may make you ineligible for service. A confirmed diagnosis of PTSD will make you ineligible for service.

You cannot appeal this if the diagnosis has been made by a mental health professional.
  15. May be the woman was a new modern aged English teacher who was saying your pissed thats why your spelling is so bad not you have bad PSTD, its a double edged sword if you approached your AFCO and said i Dont have PSTD but im pissed im sure you will get the same response from Angry Doc , the dilemma you face is you need PSTD to be pissed but dont have to be pissed to have PSTD

i have very little experience of the factors that lead to PSTD but we are not cruel just down to earth

always think positive on the negative no point thinking the negative of a negative
  16. Yeah, that makes perfect sense now.