Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Medial Officers (dodgy docs)

slim

War Hero
When I was on POs course at Daedalus in 1972 we had an MO who believed that the doctors in Hasler were under worked and sent people to see them for no reason other than to ensure that they had something to do (his belief not the docs at Hasler)
Another MO (same place) used to give you a bollocking for wearing Y fronts. he believed Y fronts caused damage (don't know what to) I believe he had shares in a boxer shorts factory.
To cap it ll I went from Daedalus to Royal Arthur for leadership course (don't think it worked) to discover that they did not have an MO. He rightly or wrongly thought his POMA had cracked and sent him to Netley (navy psychiatric hospital of the day). The Po was returned sane but the MO was collected by said hospital and did not return during my 6 week stay. Wonder what happened to him.

Anyone else had similar experiences of the medical profession?

Hes the next SRA (NH),oh and its Netley.LOL

Tight undies do cause impotence,they raise the internal scrotal temp which stops Sperm production eventually.

andym said:
Hes the next SRA (NH),oh and its Netley.LOL

Tight undies do cause impotence raise the internal scrotal temp which stops Sperm production eventually.

Many thanks have amended my spelling.
I understand that tight pants can cause impotence but this guy blamed them for everything

If it is the same one, he was picked up by a reggie at Portland for not wearing his cap, he had a tap strapped to his head and when asked by the reggie why he wasn't wearing his cap, he replied that he couldn't because he had the tap strapped to his head....

There was one at HMS Nelson in the late 70's, who must have had shares in Gordons, (Other Gins are available) he would come over to the Wardroom about 11 have a couple, sit down for lunch, retire to the bar, shift vast quantities of gin and tootle back over the road for about 2pm, afternoon appointments were always a bit hit & miss. :oops:

Father_Famine said:
There was one at HMS Nelson in the late 70's, who must have had shares in Gordons, (Other Gins are available) he would come over to the Wardroom about 11 have a couple, sit down for lunch, retire to the bar, shift vast quantities of gin and tootle back over the road for about 2pm, afternoon appointments were always a bit hit & miss. :oops:

Don't you mean hic and miss? :)

From my own experience as a student at a university with an attached medical school, the behaviour described above is not unusual; I was told that the definition of an alcoholic is someone who drinks more htan their doctor - so, not many alcoholics at Nelson then! :)

“Doctors will have more lives to answer for in the next world than even we generalsâ€
Napoleon Bonaparte 1612-1680, French General and Emperor

“Doctors are just the same as lawyers; the only difference is that lawyers merely rob you, whereas doctors rob you and kill you too.â€

Anton Chekhov 1860-1904
Russian Playwright, Short story writer

Heard a couple of dits about army medics when I was down at Keogh barracks.

One got chucked out 'cos everytime a young lass came to see him he said he had to take their vaginal temperature. Only came to light when one of the girls thought it was a bit dodgy and complained. (So all the other wrac lasses had believed him! :roll: ).

Another one waited for loads of his battalion to be posted overseas for a stint. He then sent a dit to the wives on the married patch offering a home visit STD clinic service. He got a few as well before he was found out.

BTW, Keogh barracks is a total ******* shithouse of a dump. One day there wasn't even any bog paper in the heads.

Latest Threads