Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media Items of Naval Interest (MINI)

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Looks a bit as if the tugs pulling the Noggie frigate off opened up the hole a bit more. But we shall see.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer

It seems that she's a bit further down at the stern.
Reports are saying that she was warned off by both the tanker and the coastguard but they responded with "we know what we're doing" or words to that effect.

Hi Guys

I am not ex or current navy, but am very interested in naval affairs.
I am also an amateur drone cameraman and filmed Prince of Wales leaving Rosyth last week.
I hope you don't mind me sharing my video here.

Thanks

Dusty70

War Hero
Impressive mate, but a word of warning, after an incident on the QE with a drone, they now have drone 'frying' equipment onboard 'allegedly' - obviously not up and running on PoW if they do have it

Impressive mate, but a word of warning, after an incident on the QE with a drone, they now have drone 'frying' equipment onboard 'allegedly' - obviously not up and running on PoW if they do have it

I'm aware of the idiot 2 years ago on QE.

However All legal niceties observed Dusty and was never closer than 150m while the legal limit is 50m . Never close enough for frying.etc. At least in a peacetime environment..
I would imagine in a hostile environment then jamming/frying would always be on.

Thanks again

Hi Guys

I am not ex or current navy, but am very interested in naval affairs.
I am also an amateur drone cameraman and filmed Prince of Wales leaving Rosyth last week.
I hope you don't mind me sharing my video here.

Thanks

Unlike the five (Frenchmen?) who credited your Youtube with thumbs down your efforts are appreciated here so BZ * to H McQueen.

Re: Those birds photobombing at minute 4.00 onwards - Seagulls/Sh1tehawks? If so traditionally considered to be re-incarnated Chief Stokers crying 'Tick off! Tick off!' whilst examining their new playground.

* BZ = 'Well Done' in RN signal shorthand

Pompey News: "Victorious Festival is ready to rock"

‘Let’s give Portsmouth a festival!’
Those were the words spoken by Andy Marsh, Ben Miles and James Ralls, who between them run Osborne Road pub eaterie the Belle Isle, its little sister in Chichester, and the Little Johnny Russell’s music bar at the top of Albert Road. This time last year they were gearing up to help out with the Victorious Vintage event, which saw around 40,000 people turn up for a free gig at Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard. But this year they’re doing something even more special with the Victorious Festival in August.

‘We had bands playing on a stage next to HMS Victory,’ says Andy, while sipping coffee in the Belle Isle.
‘They all thought it was an awesome place to be. We love music, and we thought let’s give Portsmouth a festival, with the idea to get as many local businesses and as many local bands involved as possible.’
will there be a barbecue x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Blackrat Media Items of Naval Interest (MINI) Site Issues 20
MoD_RSS Regulator oversees governance improvements after senior figures in development charity post anti-Semitic and offensive social media comments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Media freedom in China: statement from Media Freedom Coalition members MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on media freedom in Uganda MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK leads the way in a ‘new age of accountability’ for social media MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Human Rights Council Interactive Dialogue on Belarus: Joint Statement on Media Freedom in Belarus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Media correction: Passenger train derailment near Carmont (2) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The UK’s role in defending media freedom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Media Freedom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Canada co-chair chapeau to Global Media Freedom Conference communiqué MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to media coverage of the UK government’s procurement of the Moderna vaccine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS United Kingdom and Canada announce recipient of first Media Freedom Award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on media freedom in Egypt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Social media giants agree package of measures with UK Government to tackle vaccine disinformation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement by the Media Freedom Coalition on International Day to End Impunity for Crimes Against Journalists MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Media correction: Passenger train derailment near Carmont MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Media advisory notice – embargoed judgments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Media Freedom Coalition’s Executive Group statement on Miroslava Breach case in Mexico MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Attacks on freedom of opinion and expression and media freedom in Belarus: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Belarus: Joint Statement by Media Freedom Coalition on the detention of journalists MoD News 0
P Social media at Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS UK-Japan Agreement: Response to media outlets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK to increase support to civil society and independent media in Belarus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Freedom of media concerns in Belarus: UK-Canada joint statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to media coverage about results in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Secretary's statement on telecoms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS United Kingdom and Canada mark the one-year anniversary of the first Global Conference for Media Freedom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Secretary's statement on coronavirus (COVID-19): 9 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement by Media Freedom Coalition on situation in the Philippines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on media freedom in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Media Advisory Notice - Suspected terrorist attack, Reading MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Media advisory notice - PC Andrew Harper MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement by Media Freedom Coalition on World Press Freedom Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Media advisory notice - PC Andrew Harper MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated media guidance will ensure easier access to court information MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State Oliver Dowden's speech at the Enders Media and Telecoms Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Academy London seminar: A story of crime and justice: how to engage effectively with the media MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech at GCR Live: Telecoms, Media and Technology 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMA Daniel Pruce's Speech at the Media Freedom Reception MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nicky Morgan's speech on the future of media and broadcasting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CDEI calls for overhaul of social media regulation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Academy SW seminar: A story of crime and justice: how to engage effectively with the media MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CNC and social media – have you joined the conversation? MoD News 0
soleil Shephard Media: Naval review 2019: The never-ending Year of the (Royal) Navy The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: updated guidance on removable media available MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK supports Media Freedom in Honduras MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint ministerial letter to social media companies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK steps up support for media freedom in Malawi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Malawi hosts Media Freedom and Democracy Conference MoD News 0