Media Items of Naval Interest (MINI)

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Looks a bit as if the tugs pulling the Noggie frigate off opened up the hole a bit more. But we shall see.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer

It seems that she's a bit further down at the stern.
Reports are saying that she was warned off by both the tanker and the coastguard but they responded with "we know what we're doing" or words to that effect.

Hi Guys

I am not ex or current navy, but am very interested in naval affairs.
I am also an amateur drone cameraman and filmed Prince of Wales leaving Rosyth last week.
I hope you don't mind me sharing my video here.

Thanks

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
Impressive mate, but a word of warning, after an incident on the QE with a drone, they now have drone 'frying' equipment onboard 'allegedly' - obviously not up and running on PoW if they do have it

Impressive mate, but a word of warning, after an incident on the QE with a drone, they now have drone 'frying' equipment onboard 'allegedly' - obviously not up and running on PoW if they do have it
I'm aware of the idiot 2 years ago on QE.

However All legal niceties observed Dusty and was never closer than 150m while the legal limit is 50m . Never close enough for frying.etc. At least in a peacetime environment..
I would imagine in a hostile environment then jamming/frying would always be on.

Thanks again

Hi Guys

I am not ex or current navy, but am very interested in naval affairs.
I am also an amateur drone cameraman and filmed Prince of Wales leaving Rosyth last week.
I hope you don't mind me sharing my video here.

Thanks
Unlike the five (Frenchmen?) who credited your Youtube with thumbs down your efforts are appreciated here so BZ * to H McQueen.

Re: Those birds photobombing at minute 4.00 onwards - Seagulls/Sh1tehawks? If so traditionally considered to be re-incarnated Chief Stokers crying 'Tick off! Tick off!' whilst examining their new playground.

* BZ = 'Well Done' in RN signal shorthand

Pompey News: "Victorious Festival is ready to rock"

‘Let’s give Portsmouth a festival!’
Those were the words spoken by Andy Marsh, Ben Miles and James Ralls, who between them run Osborne Road pub eaterie the Belle Isle, its little sister in Chichester, and the Little Johnny Russell’s music bar at the top of Albert Road. This time last year they were gearing up to help out with the Victorious Vintage event, which saw around 40,000 people turn up for a free gig at Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard. But this year they’re doing something even more special with the Victorious Festival in August.

‘We had bands playing on a stage next to HMS Victory,’ says Andy, while sipping coffee in the Belle Isle.
‘They all thought it was an awesome place to be. We love music, and we thought let’s give Portsmouth a festival, with the idea to get as many local businesses and as many local bands involved as possible.’
will there be a barbecue x

Latest Threads