Media don't know difference between NCOs & Commissioned...

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by thingy, Aug 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Media don't know difference between NCOs & Commissioned.

I offered my memories as a hetrosexual matelot but strangely they didnt show any interest. :thumright:
  2. Re: Media don't know difference between NCOs & Commissioned.

With all due respect to former CPO Best and his Rate, this isn't a new event. Remember how many times in relation to Brown Jobs it's been reported that "officers" had been considered negligent; to find that the said "officer" was a Lance Jack. Very prevalent in Lancs. Whether the journos get confused with the Police Force where everyone is considered an "officer" (my friend at the West Midlands head fed shed tells me it's because they are "officers" of the Law), I don't know.

It's part of a general lack of understanding of all thing military these days. From the same Article;

TRIP! Good thing they had that bloody great sun deck for all the other tourists! OK, it's trivial but they all add up.
  3. Anyone in a uniform can be asked 'Is it ok to park here'..
  4. I'm frankly surprised that the rank of 'Vice Admiral' is still allowed..
    Could have terrible implications a title like that :wink:
  5. Or Rear Admiral to come to think of it. :thumright:
  6. Re: Media don't know difference between NCOs & Commissioned.

Isn't that the rank that has always been awarded to senior gay officers, then? o_O ;)

Rod, you can tell me your life story, though you must appreciate there's one bit in particular I'm interested in........
  7. .....Did you really enjoy hot bunking, three matelots to a pit! ;)