Medals

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by IDOITDEEPER, Jan 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having been a site member for over a year and having posted in excess of 100 posts, could a site moderator inform me of when I could expect to recieve another medal? I already have two but three would look better.

Many thanks in anticipation of an early reply.

IDOITDEEPER :thumright:

2. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I don't know the answer to that - but I do know that award of medals is not within the gift of the Site Mods and your question is one for the Admin - ie the CO's.

The best way to reach them is to repeat your question in an email via the 'contact' button under the 'Help' menu.

3. Silverfox many thanks for your prompt reply. I understand implicitly that the award of medals is not within the gift of site moderators. I think you might actually have mis -interpreted my question.

I believe the actual programming of the site awards medals automatically. So many posts= 1 medal, so many further posts = 2 medals etc. I would have thought a moderator would know this information. Anyway its not really a big issue and certainly not one that I would want to bother the very busy Good/Bad CO with.

Yours aye
    IDOITDEEPER

4. I just had a look at this - it's set to 200

5. Good CO very many thanks- I better get posting!

Yours Aye
    IDOITDEEPER

6. I'll sell you three of mine... Send a Western Union money order for £200* to me and hey presto ;)

Half the money will be used to bribe Good CO to hand them over to you, the remainder will go to the Thingy Beer Fund, for medicinal purposes :biggrin:

7. Thingy

You will sell me three? Do you really think I am a Walt? All of my medals have been won by service and contribution!

Have a nice day
    IDOITDEEPER

8. But you would be contributing................. To Thingy's beer fund.