Medals for Heroes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Nov 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It’s a sound suggestion and I applaud the Mirror's campaign but what is desperately needed and without delay is a civilized payout for our troops who have been in some case very seriously injured. They should be given enough money to provide for all their needs for the rest of their lives and the wife or husband of those killed in action should receive the full pension that their loved ones would have received and not a percentage. We are after all the 4th or 5th most affluent country in the world.

2. Dannat is unable to make a decision, 'Yes he will be going to Iraq with his regiment, No he won't be going'! That sort of dithering would not serve him well in the field.

Unless there are two Daily Mirrors it must be the same one?

3. Fully agree with you Fink, but when our servicemen get treated like dogshit after putting their lives on the line whilst our football players/managers and politicians get payed vast amounts of money for being failures, I won't be holding my breath.

4. Not really as they are seperate issues and IMHO all the good general has done is leap aboard the passing bandwagon.