Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Me, Henry Hudson. Lewis and Clark, and all the Mountain men.

jesse

War Hero
With best, buckskins. Coonskin hat ,Brown Bess musket and bowie knife. I blazed a trail and set my trap lines from Banff through to Jasper taking in British Columbia to Vancouver. Sailed from Vancouver through in inside passage up to Glacier Bay Alaska Calling in at Juno, Dog mushing in Scagway and walking the trail of the rain forest in ketchican .Saw black bears salmon fishing , black bears with cubs Mountain Goats, Elk and those big deer things that I cant spell. Drank in the Red dog Saloon Juno And the Red Onion Scagway. Henry Hudson, Lewis and Clark trappers and mountain men have fcuk all on me. Must admit though that the first part was in a luxury air conditioned coach and the latter on a cruise liner, :pottytrain2:

Hi Jesse,

Welcome back. On Tuesday this week this was on BBC Two and is still available for viewing on BBC iPlayer:

BBC - BBC Two Programmes - Reel History of Britain, Britain's First Teenagers

All about the emergence of Teddy Boys, etc.

<<...In Soho, Melvyn looks back to the 1950s and a time when Britain broke free of the burdens of the Second World War and the teenager was born. One of the original trendsetters, Wee Willy Harris, talks about the rockers who ripped up the dance floor. Molly Lowton and Jennie Prescott glimpse a much loved friend and sister in films of their village dance. And 50s heart-throb Marty Wilde explains how the new music scene brightened up post-war Britain...>>

Just a little before my time but probably right up your street! Enjoy...

Glad you enjoyed your trip. When I first visited the Hudson's Bay Company store in Vancouver, somehow I was expecting a rustic log cabin surrounded by snow drifts with a roaring furnace and seal skins, bear pelts and snowshoes piled up in the corner. Instead, I found this:

Hudson's Bay Company Vancouver.jpg

jesse

War Hero
Hi Jesse,

Welcome back. On Tuesday this week this was on BBC Two and is still available for viewing on BBC iPlayer:

BBC - BBC Two Programmes - Reel History of Britain, Britain's First Teenagers

All about the emergence of Teddy Boys, etc.

<<...In Soho, Melvyn looks back to the 1950s and a time when Britain broke free of the burdens of the Second World War and the teenager was born. One of the original trendsetters, Wee Willy Harris, talks about the rockers who ripped up the dance floor. Molly Lowton and Jennie Prescott glimpse a much loved friend and sister in films of their village dance. And 50s heart-throb Marty Wilde explains how the new music scene brightened up post-war Britain...>>

Just a little before my time but probably right up your street! Enjoy...
Thank you very much for that, I would have hated to have missed it. I was there I did that, although being in the mob I had to tone it down a bit.My teeth are now portable but I've still got t he Tony Curtis. At 2359 hours 31/12/ 1959 I froze into a lovely time warp. Come round for gulpers, no! see the bastard off !!!

(granny)

RIP
Book Reviewer
Thank you very much for that, I would have hated to have missed it. I was there I did that, although being in the mob I had to tone it down a bit.My teeth are now portable but I've still got t he Tony Curtis. At 2359 hours 31/12/ 1959 I froze into a lovely time warp. Come round for gulpers, no! see the bastard off !!!

Wow..like you Jesse I found myself back in those great exciting days...
I missed this on Tuesday. Glad I found it here...Cheers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at 10 King Henry’s Road, London, NW3 3RP (ref: 3219239 - 12 March 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Canonisation of Blessed Cardinal John Henry Newman in Rome MoD News 0
D Lt Cdr Henry 'Nobby' HALL. Obit. The Fleet Air Arm 1
BillyNoMates Sir Lenny Henry of Dudley. Diamond Lil's 7
soleil BBC: "Henry Allingham Sculpture Installed At Fleet Air Arm Museum" The Fleet Air Arm 11
scouse SIR Henry Dies Sports and Adventure Training 1
SAM_The_Man_Dicosta Henry The Hatter! Diamond Lil's 10
soleil Live Web Chat With Reservist Lt Henry Watts, 17th March 2012 - 1100-1400 Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
Stirling Henry K........... Diamond Lil's 4
Seaweed Admiral Of The Fleet Sir Henry Leach GCB DL The Quarterdeck 2
soleil Navy News: "Memorial Service For Falklands Leader Sir Henry" The Fleet 0
Topstop Henry Cooper/OBL Diamond Lil's 8
Ageing_Gracefully Sir Henry Cooper - RIP Current Affairs 23
the.rea Admiral Sir Henry Leach Current Affairs 17
soleil Henry Allingham to be laid to rest today The Fleet Air Arm 13
OldJenny RIP Henry Allingham 1896-2009 Current Affairs 9
soleil BBC: Henry Allingham crosses the bar The Fleet Air Arm 23
S Prince Henry? Current Affairs 13
C Henry Herbert Tailors Bases / Shore Est 6
Seaweed Mike Henry Submariners 2
Magic_Mushroom Happy Birthday Henry!!! The Fleet Air Arm 0
Seaweed Henry Stoker and AE2 Submariners 1
B HENRY JOHNSON Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS Stuart Hudson to fill new Senior Director role MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM speech at Hudson Yards business event: 24 September 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Local government finance settlement date confirmed in government response to Hudson review MoD News 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Lewis Hamilton surprises soldiers, sailors and airmen on board HMS Middleton Charity 5
jesse W.T.F. Was billy lewis? Diamond Lil's 0
Ageing_Gracefully Book Comp: Bravo Six Zero by Damien Lewis Competitions 19
soleil HMS Westminster - Martin Lewis Money Show - ITV1 - Tuesday, December 11th 2012 The Fleet 1
Ageing_Gracefully COMPETITION – FIRE STRIKE 7/9 by Sgt Paul ‘Bommer’ Grahame & Damien Lewis Competitions 5
F Lewis Page at his "best" Current Affairs 13
A Frederick Lewis GRAHAM K/40547 History 12
I Another nutty diatribe from Lewis Page Current Affairs 46
wave_dodger LEWIS PAGE - For Defence Minister Current Affairs 18
R Lewis Page has a pop at us Current Affairs 22
oberon MPs keep the John Lewis list Current Affairs 36
lamptramp63 Lewis Hamilton Current Affairs 32
L More from Lewis Page Current Affairs 14
S Adm West and Lewis Page on Today 23/1/07 Current Affairs 15