Me and my fcuking caravan

1. Shoot yourself Sir for having a fcuking caravan.

2. If you want the arse of the caravan to turn left, turn the arse of your car right.

3. Dont worry about having a few "shunts" to get it right.

4. Hitch up the said offending fcuking thing to your car, find an empty carpark and go have a practice.

5. Dont be scared to really swing your car about, it's all about what's behind you.

6. The longer your trailer the easier it is to reverse.

7. Refer to point 1.

yamyamdabber

War Hero
Unhitch the fecking thing and push it!!

Also travel at 4 in the morning wherever you go so you dont screw up my weekend and my wish to live trying to overtake you! Pulling over ocassionally to let the queue of 100 cars behind you get past wouldnt harm you that much either!

'5. Dont be scared to really swing your car about, it's all about what's behind you.'

Best seen when you get caught between two high sided trucks, or a decent crosswind on a downhill stretch - I just love the way these get 'em swinging and taking charge of the car - love it! :twisted: :twisted:
The A34/303 are great for this entertaining display :lol:

sussex2 said:
'5. Dont be scared to really swing your car about, it's all about what's behind you.'

Best seen when you get caught between two high sided trucks, or a decent crosswind on a downhill stretch - I just love the way these get 'em swinging and taking charge of the car - love it! :twisted: :twisted:

I'm hearing you, it is funny when the tail wags the dog as long as it's not your tail. I once had the pleasure of seeing the end result of this at the bottom of telegraph hill on the A38, there was nothing bigger than a post it note left of the caravan, I shouldn't have sniggered but I did.

seafarer1939

War Hero
Got myself baffled Rumrat,sold the bloody thing 7 years ago so I'm going by memory,wrong it may be.
I seem to remember if the van filled your RH wing mirror, you turned the wheel from the 6'clock position with hands up past 54321 until it straightened.
I guess I may have it wrong but if you crash it the it's the other way.
wondered why my van had dents in it!

StixJimboRM said:
My_Little_Pikey.jpg

Absolutely brilliant! Where did you get that from?

wet_blobby said:
sussex2 said:

I'm hearing you, it is funny when the tail wags the dog as long as it's not your tail. I once had the pleasure of seeing the end result of this at the bottom of telegraph hill on the A38, there was nothing bigger than a post it note left of the caravan, I shouldn't have sniggered but I did.

The net curtains flapping in the breeze? The chemical loo still attached to the twisted chassis?

JW7121

Lantern Swinger
stan_the_man said:
I hate to admit this but I am a "Janner Vanner" and enjoys the odd tour around Devon and Cornwall at this time of year now the fcuking kids have all fcuked off back to school and me and Mrs S can enjoy a bit of peace and quiet.
One big problem I cannot for the fecking life of me reverse the twatting thing, brings me ot in a sweat just thinking of all those other Vanners pissing themselves at me futile attemtpts to get it parked in the micro slots the go by the name of "pitches" doesn't help that my 4 x 4 has the turning circle of a * juggernought.
Anyone else a complete spacker like me???
Just remember :
Don't go a knocking when the caravans rocking!!

You weren't by any chance stuck in a cul de sac in Lincoln the other day were you? I had to help a fella reverse his caravan out as his sat nav had sent him the wrong way! :D

Wakatoa

Midshipman
JonnoJonno said:
Wakatoa said:
Small tip - think of hand on bottom of steering wheel, your towed vehicle will move in the same direction you move your hand when reversing. Happy caravanning.

Blimey, you've been waiting a while for a first post mate!

I wonder if there is Matelot on a caravanning site waiting for a 'Raleigh waiting time' thread to reply to?

I joined the site a few years back then lost it, found it again recently and discovered I was already a member - hugely entertaining.