MCD-Joining up!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by CHF, Jul 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CHF

CHF

Hi, I'm 17 and I've just applied to join as an MCD. I've got a letter stating my RT test is on the 22nd of this month!

I've started revising, but i'm not 100% sure what type of questions they will be asking on all four sections... could any of you guy please tell me what questions will be asked and whether they will be difficult or just simple questions.

This would be much appreciated!

2. Your CA should have given you a booklet with example questions in, also use the search bar as this question has been asked a lot.

3. http://www.navy-net.co.uk/joining-u...cruiting-test-psychometric-test-examples.html

4. CHF

CHF

Alright but does the test include questions that are not shown in the test booklet? for example long division in the maths section or pulleys in the mechanical section?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You're probably already aware, but it's worth mentioning that Divers need to be 18.

6. And divs! .

7. That's not how you spell Divvy's. :grin:

8. He is here all week ....

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's going to be a long week, and it's only Monday !

• Like Like x 1
  10. CHF

CHF

Could any of you guys tell me in more detail about the fitness for an MCD? I've been told it has to be Marine standard or borderline to this?

I know of the 1.5 mile run but not so sure about press ups, sit ups etc.

11. Your quite correct USMC standard, at least I think that's what your stating. :winkrazz:

12. Initially, in fitness terms, your main priority will be to complete the 2.4 km run within the specified Diver time which is 10 min 30 secs.

Be aware of this for later, though:

The Potential Diver Assessment | Royal Navy

13. CHF

CHF

Thanks mate

I haven't really been told any information regarding the 1000m swim conducted during the DPFT, could you tell me what the time limit is (if any) and how they actually make you do the test

14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

15. They make you do the test by saying. "Get in the water and swim to the end, or else....."

16. CHF

CHF

swimming technique??
    Time Limit??

17. It's a swimming test, not the olympics. If you drown you have to start again.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP, How about going to an AFCO and speaking to a careers adviser or, searching for the massive thread on here all about the Mine Clearance Diver branch that has all the information you would ever need.

The 1000m swim, known as the lockgate swim is not part of the DPFT. It is however a test of will and grit with only 2 ways of failing A) pulling yourself out B ) death by underwater asphyxia

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That sounds cool! Where do I sign up..?! :thumbleft:

20. down the corridor, room on the right. don't mistake it for door marked auto-erotic asphyxia.

• Like Like x 1