Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McClaren Sacked

TwistedFireStarter

Lantern Swinger
sgtpepperband said:
MLP: Agree with your candidates... but you ain't having 'Arry - he's ours!! :lol:

He didn't rule it out on the news this morning. Although he did say that he doubted that the FA would even consider him.

Chaz

MIA
TwistedFireStarter said:
sgtpepperband said:
MLP: Agree with your candidates... but you ain't having 'Arry - he's ours!! :lol:

He didn't rule it out on the news this morning. Although he did say that he doubted that the FA would even consider him.

If the FA consider him they all need sacking. A good manager granted but not good enough (yet) to manage the England team, would love to see him doing the job after a stint at a big Premiership side but I he doesn't have age on his side.

Sadly though, he's probably the best English manager at the moment. Once again I personally think we'll have a foreign manager at the helm come the start of the world cup qualifiers in Sep 08.

PINCH

War Hero
Who cares anyway?

It's a game played by thick talentless overpaid tarts. ( yes I would love their pay packet).

Football should be played on the dart side of the moon.

Perhaps Roy Keane should opt for the job - he's doing a very goboff on Yahoo news about the state of the England team ... ?

Tartan_Army_Sailor

Lantern Swinger
PINCH said:
Who cares anyway?

It's a game played by thick talentless overpaid tarts. ( yes I would love their pay packet).

Football should be played on the dart side of the moon.

You obviously care to enough to reply about it.

If you don't 'care' about a particular subject don't bother replying and spoiling the thread for people that are bothered.

You never know, it might be a way he gets back at Abramovich to be coaching the next squad to beat Russia ( but I could be hoping beyond hope here....) ??

seafarer1939

War Hero
Out of his depth,why risk a friendly with Austria ? result Owen injured,why risk a rookie Goalie for a very important match? The list is endless,no subs before half time,then just tokens.My personal hate is defenders throwing up their arms and stopping hopeing for an offside.
I firmly believe a few players on 100k pw fancied spending some of it next summer instead of getting their shirts dirty.
The FA know FA .I give up with English soccer until foreign players are limited to a couple per match.If it means a few years in the wilderness so what?lets get some guts on the field.Not Gerrad,Lampard,petulant Rooney,and the rest.
Start again and get some bottle in the team players

Anyone mentioned Stuart Pierce (probably spelt wrong) for the job? old psycho has bags of what the England team are missing, namely PASSION.

The under 21's arn't doing too badly as him as coach.

mickyboy

Midshipman
Nothing poor about the way Crotia played they only had one thing in mind and that was to knock England out so they wouldnt have to chance meeting them again next year.

They will be the best each way bet to win the championship next year get saving and put a few quid on them.

Croatia were 8/1 on for losing last night......fantastic odds in a two horse race, I only wish my Irish barman had told me that before the game started not at the final whistle.

It is all down to money BIG MONEY really

All British teams, should only be allowed to have players from their home region,
So when you went to watch Sunderland play Portsmouth, you would see two equal teams playing a sport, and the best team winning
Not two teams made up of Irish internationals and Italian star players

Unfortuantley No one would pay money to watch mediocre football and SKY SPORT would not be interested in showing it

How many people would pay to see East Fife play Forfar, well three hundred or so pay £8 a week, but that is hardly the millions of pounds in wages alone paid to Premier league players

As the English team is made up only of English players, unless we have local town clubs that are only allowed local area people to play then we will eventually end up with NO English players to actually select for a team

It all comes down to MONEY, it is a bit obscene that someone kicks a ball around and gets £100k a week, when someone else puts their life on the line for £30k a year (mind I Wish I was match fit, bloody hell run for 90 minutes non stop takes some doing, but not worth £100k a week)

One thing I do not understand, is how a manager can affect a player.

I do my job to the very best of my ability, whether is is a wet behind the ears boss I have or a bloody good been there and done it boss, so it must be the same with a football player, if you can do it you do it irrespective of who is telling you or paying your wage??

I am sure there are a good few PTI's who could run ENGLANDs football team with a lot of fire for less than £5m possibly at 500k dozens would be killed in the rush :)

Jack McH

Darbi

Midshipman
I say take the current team and put them with the rugby team.
Everytime the football git's loose or don't play upto the standard they should be, put them through the ringer with a rugby team training.
Show them what real passion is. And maybe turn a few of the pansy's into real men. :thumright:

beltfedwombat

Midshipman
Darbi said:
I say take the current team and put them with the rugby team.
Everytime the football git's loose or don't play upto the standard they should be, put them through the ringer with a rugby team training.
Show them what real passion is. And maybe turn a few of the pansy's into real men. :thumright:

Not a bad idea Darbi. As Lawrence Dallaglio said on Top Gear when Jeremy Clarkson asked him what he thought about soccer, 'We call it the Andrex sport - Soft and overly expensive!'

Spot on!