Maybe a bone question but, education...

nikki92

Badgeman
Re: Maybe a bone qustion but, education...

Good to know it caused you no problems, David!
I'm planning on doing Maths with Mechanics and Physics, which is a lot more relevant than this BTEC, so I don't think it'll cause me any problems! Full-time education is not really my thing either, although I'm quite academic, I never really enjoyed it - I just prefer to be working and doing something really useful with my life.

nikki92 said:
Good to know it caused you no problems, David!
I'm planning on doing Maths with Mechanics and Physics, which is a lot more relevant than this BTEC, so I don't think it'll cause me any problems! Full-time education is not really my thing either, although I'm quite academic, I never really enjoyed it - I just prefer to be working and doing something really useful with my life.

Cant say fairer than that can you?! If everyone had that attitude world would be a better place wouldnt it!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer

If my educational qualifications had been as impressive as Nikki's, I reckon I'd know how to spell "question" correctly... :oops: :wink:

nikki92

Badgeman

Oh, and I hadn't even noticed that one...damn!
I've had far too many of those brainless moments today, sorry guys!

wurz

Lantern Swinger
I'd agree with the others that have said if you don't enjoy your current course/direction then you are better off ditching it and doing the A levels. Particularly given they are in good subjects, they will stand you well for a number of potential future careers. Again, explain to a potential employer why you dropped the original course but also push anything you gained from it, independent study, etc. Good luck.

Dicky

Lantern Swinger
Nikki: Male or female, are you willing to die for your country if necessary ??? If the answer is yes, then go for it, and if not, stick to music ...good luck...

nikki92

Badgeman
Definitely a yes, for my country and it's people.
I'm going in on Wednesday to double check that this is the right route for me with the AFCO, because I don't want to appear that I'm not commited - but then, leaving and doing relevant A-Levels will hopefully solve that. We shall see.
Thanks for all the advice, very much appreciated!

soleil

War Hero
Nikki

Am late on this one, as have been away.

No doubt you have spoken to your local CA by now, but, for what it's worth, I would concur with the others about doing the A Levels.

The one thing I would say is that, while I know that you are considering doing them as a home course, you should investigate whether any local colleges are doing them on a One Year Intensive Basis. Many do. It's true that there's a lot on the A Level English syllabus which you can easily do at home, but I think that it would help to be in an actual class with a teacher experienced in teaching A Level when it comes to the Maths.