Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maximum time between the recruit test and medical test

loggie93

Midshipman
Hi Guys,

I am hoping to be a Logistics Officer for the Navy and just passed my recruit test this morning (YAY!!:D); but I have a slight problem with my application:

I need a BMI of 25 before I can pass my medical and I still need to lose another 7kg to reach that point. Losing the weight is not an issue as I have already lost 15kg; but I was just wondering how long I can wait between my recruit test and the medical to lose the excess weight.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The clock with regard the validity of medical suitability only starts once the medical standard has been achieved.

The recruiting test remains valid 3 years.

loggie93

Midshipman
Aside from losing a significant amount of weight, you will need to get yourself fit for your PJFT.

That's not a problem; I have been attending cardio and resistance training 5 times a week since January...My only qualm is that my running is at 15 minutes for the 2.4km, but I'm sure that I can reduce that over the next couple of months with some practice. Luckily, being a female, 14 minutes and 35 seconds is my PJFT requirement (obviously however, that is not my target, hopefully I will be able to meet the training standard of 13 minutes 15 seconds).

Thanks.

Good luck with your training! I'm pretty sure that the PJFT times are the same as the training times now, however. MY AFCO told me the reason, but I can't remember what it was ~_~

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I'm pretty sure that the PJFT times are the same as the training times now, however. MY AFCO told me the reason, but I can't remember what it was

Doubtless there will be a reason why the Pre Joining Fitness Test run times are the same as the RN Fitness Test which is taken the day after you join. Can't for the life of me remember why, mind.

Maybe it's something to do with ensuring that once the PJFT is passed, the visits to the gym outnumber the visits to Greggs?

loggie93

Midshipman
Maybe it's something to do with ensuring that once the PJFT is passed, the visits to the gym outnumber the visits to Greggs?

Now why does this seem like a personal dig? Nevertheless, thanks for the information, I will make sure I achieve the required times.

:thumright:

loggie93

Midshipman
Another Question: What else is required in the PJFT? I know about the mandatory run; but is there a swimming test too?
There isn't much information on the website about the test itself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Consultation launched on doubling maximum sentence for assaulting an emergency worker MoD News 0
Naval_Gazer A Petition - Maximum automatic penalties for damaging Military Memorials Petitions 32
MoD_RSS Delivering maximum peacekeeping impact on the ground MoD News 0
C Maximum Chop Range? The Quarterdeck 21
A Joining RFA - Maximum age RFA 15
Ninja_Stoker Aircrew (Pilot/Obs) - Maximum age now 23 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
S Maximum waist measurement? Health & Fitness 43
MoD_RSS Overspeeding trains between Laurencekirk and Portlethen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Open letters between HM Treasury and Bank of England, December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 15/2020: Near miss between a passenger train and cars at Norwich Road level crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Correspondence between Rt Hon Ed Davey MP and Lord Evans, Chair CSPL MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Communique for the Meeting between HH Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and PM Boris Johnson MoD News 0
jjake101 How do you choose between officer and rating roles? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Seeking a deeper and broader partnership between the United Nations and African Union MoD News 0
A BRNC: Is there a break between Militarisation and Marinisation? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Normalising relations between Israel and its neighbours and pushing forward and Israeli-Palestinian peace process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Deal between Carlsberg and Marston’s given the go-ahead MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation to deliver stronger seamless links between HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Troika Statement on the Peace Agreement between the Government of Sudan and Sudanese Opposition Groups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ASEAN Chairman's statement of the open-ended Troika virtual meeting between ASEAN Foreign Ministers and the Foreign Secretary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 08/2020: Collision between mobile elevating work platforms, Rochford, Essex MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Operation Stack activated on coast bound M20 between junctions 8 and 9 in Kent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for Bids: Promoting Societal Links between Gaza & West Bank MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Open letters between HM Treasury and Bank of England, September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Greater voice for rail passengers in new collaboration between government and East Midlands transport leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Securing peace between Israel and the Palestinians MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Deal between Visa and Plaid given the go-ahead MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FOI requests received by the VMD between 1 January to 30 June 2020 MoD News 0
slim Difference between Aussies and BLM brigade. Diamond Lil's 9
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land fronting Crich Lane, Between House No. 202 and 204, Belper, Derbyshire (ref: 3204843 - 29 July 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Customers could lose out in merger between window blind companies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ceasefire violations on the border between Armenia and Azerbaijan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rushi Sunak, on the future relationship between the UK and Switzerland on financial services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exchange of letters between Sir Mark Sedwill and the Prime Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Urging a negotiated two-state solution between Israelis and Palestinians MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Open letters between HM Treasury and Bank of England, June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement on Djibouti talks between Somalia and Somaliland leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welcoming cooperation between the UN and regional and sub-regional bodies (EU) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spain travel during coronavirus: commercial flights between Spain and the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement between the UK and France: 10 May 2020 MoD News 0
M Leave between phase 1 and 2 Joining the Royal Navy 17
MoD_RSS Correspondence between PSPRB Chair and Prisons Minister: 2020 England and Wales written evidence and submission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New MoU between the UK and the UAE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Merger between betting firms cleared by the CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mergers between window blind companies raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Collision between mobile elevated work platforms at Rochford MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Deal between Google and Looker given the go-ahead MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Future Relationship between the UK and the EU MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Deal between Prosafe and Floatel raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Somalia: international partners welcome agreement between the Federal government and ASWJ MoD News 0