Maximum time between the recruit test and medical test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by loggie93, Mar 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,

I am hoping to be a Logistics Officer for the Navy and just passed my recruit test this morning (YAY!!:D); but I have a slight problem with my application:

I need a BMI of 25 before I can pass my medical and I still need to lose another 7kg to reach that point. Losing the weight is not an issue as I have already lost 15kg; but I was just wondering how long I can wait between my recruit test and the medical to lose the excess weight.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me!

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The clock with regard the validity of medical suitability only starts once the medical standard has been achieved.

The recruiting test remains valid 3 years.

3. Thank you! I was so happy when I heard that I had passed that I forgot to ask!

4. I think mine's something like a month between them

5. Aside from losing a significant amount of weight, you will need to get yourself fit for your PJFT.

6. That's not a problem; I have been attending cardio and resistance training 5 times a week since January...My only qualm is that my running is at 15 minutes for the 2.4km, but I'm sure that I can reduce that over the next couple of months with some practice. Luckily, being a female, 14 minutes and 35 seconds is my PJFT requirement (obviously however, that is not my target, hopefully I will be able to meet the training standard of 13 minutes 15 seconds).

Thanks.

7. Good luck with your training! I'm pretty sure that the PJFT times are the same as the training times now, however. MY AFCO told me the reason, but I can't remember what it was ~_~

8. Ninja_Stoker

Doubtless there will be a reason why the Pre Joining Fitness Test run times are the same as the RN Fitness Test which is taken the day after you join. Can't for the life of me remember why, mind.

Maybe it's something to do with ensuring that once the PJFT is passed, the visits to the gym outnumber the visits to Greggs?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Now why does this seem like a personal dig? Nevertheless, thanks for the information, I will make sure I achieve the required times.

:thumright:

10. Ninja_Stoker

Paranoia perhaps?

It applies to all in equal measure.

11. Another Question: What else is required in the PJFT? I know about the mandatory run; but is there a swimming test too?
    There isn't much information on the website about the test itself.

12. Nope mate, it's only running for the PJFT

13. Oh, I see. Thanks for letting me know.