Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maths GCSE resit whilst serving

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong forum, but have been trying to find out which syllabus is used when you resit a maths GCSE whilst serving. I am interested in doing this, and need to find out which specification is used but am on leave at the moment and can't find out.

Hope someone who has done it or knows can help.

cheers!

Topstop

War Hero
Did GCE, long time ago 1980ish, Navy used own syllabus, different to civvy one, mostly navigation based

dsgrnmcm

Lantern Swinger
I sat mine in March and got the results in september, I failed it due to not touching enough on trig.

First paper was general maths, the second was pure hell.

Sat it onboard not many lessons. If you can find some one who is good at maths get them to teach you one on one.

You can get pass papers from IGCSE off the net.

I've taught iGCSE - the biggest sticking point being people not bothering to turn up after the first couple of lessons. If it's for your hooks, perhaps get your LANTERN done first, as it's a bit quicker to do. You should also be able to do a week long LANTERN course in each of the main bases and then take your test on the Friday. Speak to your DO and DepCo about it.

Even easier than that guys get your DO to be the invigilator at your exam onboard, mine did paper 2 for me and I dripped like fcuk cos he only got me a B

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 Alternatives in absence of GCSE English, Maths and Science Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS News story: Ofqual response to Pearson update on A level maths breach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Allegations of wrongdoing in Edexcel A level maths paper MoD News 0
S RFA Deck Officer Cadet - Maths grade? RFA 8
MoD_RSS Press release: Cash incentives for maths and physics teachers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Shanghai maths exchange shows power of international partnership MoD News 0
G AET Maths Joining the Royal Navy 15
W Maths - Flying Aptitude Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
F Psychometric Test Help (Links to maths and physics help) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Hermes_R12 Maths, English and Computer Studies - NAMET ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
C Maths for engineering books The Fleet Air Arm 22
H Son Failed RT Maths any Tutor experiances. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
B AET Maths and Exams Etc. The Fleet Air Arm 13
J Question about the Maths part of the Psychometric test? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
sanitarium Maths and English at Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
D AET and Maths Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D Aircrew maths The Fleet Air Arm 22
M maths and AET Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
M maths and english test ? The Corps 4
SILVER_FOX CURRENT AFFAIRS? - British Maths Teachings Over the years Current Affairs 1
LujonSA Maths prodigy Hobbies & The Great Indoors 8
A British Educational Standards - Maths The Quarterdeck 12
shotty13 Worried about maths - flight aptitude tests Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
K MATHS BOOKS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
K aet and maths Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Guide to GCSE results for England, 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCSE and A level students to receive centre assessment grades MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Triple lock for students ahead of A level and GCSE results MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual GCSE and A level consultation outcomes and autumn exam series proposals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual publishes initial decisions on GCSE and A level grading proposals for 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual seeks views on GCSE and A level grading proposals for 2020 MoD News 0
Gematria GCSE Science - Advanced Apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
MoD_RSS Open letter: GCSE tier entry guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inter-subject comparability in GCSE modern foreign languages MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCSE entries to arts and core academic subjects rise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guide to GCSE results for England, 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary says post-16 options better than ever, as GCSE results released MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCSE 9 to 1 grades MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Revisions to music and dance GCSE, AS and A levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Long-term plan for GCSE computer science confirmed MoD News 0
S Applying for the TMO Officer Role but no GCSE math Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS News story: Consultation on changes to performance rules in GCSE, AS and A level music and dance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Future assessment of GCSE computer science MoD News 0
A GCSE Certificates help Joining the Royal Navy 4
klgreload Having no GCSE certificates for Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 6
I Joining as dual citizen- need gcse/a levels? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
NateDogg GCSE's essential? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
3 Misplaced GCSE certificates before Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Deck Officer Cadet - GCSE worries! RFA 9
B Not done GCSE,s RFA 8