Material to read before entering

OC Stupid

Evening folks,

I'm currently in the application process of joining as a Warfare Intelligence Officer and I'm bewildered by the kind of material I should read before the AIB, a lot of the links on this forum are out of date and I was wondering whether you guys had any recommendations, so far my AFCO has suggested that I keep abreast of everything I can get my hands on online but I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for stuff that got you through your interviews.

So far, I have consulted:
Thanks in advance!

Best,
(Not) OC (Very) Stupid

D

Deleted 64868

Try to speak to someone who has done the AIB in the last couple of years.

Also - have an idea of long term career aims.

You will also need evidence-based responses for different scenarios (eg leadership, followership, time you've failed, time you needed moral courage etc)

OC Stupid

Navy News for current deployments, available free on here sometimes, or from Smiths.

Try to speak to someone who has done the AIB in the last couple of years.

Also - have an idea of long term career aims.

You will also need evidence-based responses for different scenarios (eg leadership, followership, time you've failed, time you needed moral courage etc)

Brilliant, thanks @janner and @PO_Tato!

Regarding times I've failed, what would be a good example to use? I'm not entirely sure on what I could put here that would make me sound like a worthy candidate.

Thanks again!
OC Stupid

Chris P

War Hero
Ask yourself times when YOU consider you've failed, it isn't always obvious until after the fact and you think I could've done better at that, and then analyse the reasons why. ( But don't ANALyse on it!)

URNU/MNsnotty

Midshipman
The RN 60second update videos are a really good sum up of most recent RN ops as they happen. As a warfare int officer you'll probs want to brush up on recent russian ship operations in and around the UK are of interest. As a warfare officer i'm looking heavily at the training pipe line, new ships coming on line and current deployments.

There are loads of forums on current policy, issues and equipment as well as emerging threats. Might be over kill for AIB but i'd rather talk for Ireland and told to stop than look like a deer in head lights.