Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Material to read before entering

OC Stupid

Evening folks,

I'm currently in the application process of joining as a Warfare Intelligence Officer and I'm bewildered by the kind of material I should read before the AIB, a lot of the links on this forum are out of date and I was wondering whether you guys had any recommendations, so far my AFCO has suggested that I keep abreast of everything I can get my hands on online but I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for stuff that got you through your interviews.

So far, I have consulted:
Thanks in advance!

Best,
(Not) OC (Very) Stupid

D

Deleted 64868

Try to speak to someone who has done the AIB in the last couple of years.

Also - have an idea of long term career aims.

You will also need evidence-based responses for different scenarios (eg leadership, followership, time you've failed, time you needed moral courage etc)

OC Stupid

Navy News for current deployments, available free on here sometimes, or from Smiths.

Try to speak to someone who has done the AIB in the last couple of years.

Also - have an idea of long term career aims.

You will also need evidence-based responses for different scenarios (eg leadership, followership, time you've failed, time you needed moral courage etc)

Brilliant, thanks @janner and @PO_Tato!

Regarding times I've failed, what would be a good example to use? I'm not entirely sure on what I could put here that would make me sound like a worthy candidate.

Thanks again!
OC Stupid

Chris P

Lantern Swinger
Ask yourself times when YOU consider you've failed, it isn't always obvious until after the fact and you think I could've done better at that, and then analyse the reasons why. ( But don't ANALyse on it!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Report 04/2020: Train collision with material washed out from a cutting slope at Corby, Northamptonshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DASA showcases protective material innovations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New bullet-proof material unveiled as Defence Minister visits MOD’s research hub MoD News 0
S Reading material Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Material / Stock Controller The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Material / Stock Controller The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
K BRNC - any tips on getting ahead with study material? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
C Revision material for the Service Knowledge test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
B AIB Reading Material Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Spooked Reading material....! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
1ManRiot Reading material wanted: RE AAS RMR 20
pompeyexpat Story of ARA Santa Fe - interesting read (IMHO) Submariners 4
slim A read for the Deeps Submariners 8
MoD_RSS Read your child a book this Christmas, says Children’s Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Brits urged to read travel advice ahead of Bank Holiday trips MoD News 0
D Please read Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Earned Your Dolphins? If "Yes" then Read On. Submariners 8
boatresearchservices KIWI Class Boat ,ex crew ? owners of KIWI class vessels? ex owners? please read . The Fleet 0
R Anyone in Milton Keynes training for their PJFT? Read This. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
GrumpyGit Naval Pubs - an interesting read Diamond Lil's 0
SONAR-BENDER I have just read.......... The Book Club 5
blueschill Destiny Raids Info plz read + Friend Request GamerTag List Gaming 1
soleil Times: "MPs Want To Read The Small Print In £440m Army Recruits Deal" Current Affairs 11
S Ex-sailor relives torpedoed ship and POW camp terror Read more: http://www.thisisglo History 1
M Any books I can read/study before MA start date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S Navy veteran hoping to reunite family with this precious picture Read more: http://w History 0
Blackrat The Gash Barge - Please Read The Gash Barge 0
SONAR-BENDER NOT to be read by SPB! Diamond Lil's 0
G Free - On Line - Read of wasted Resource The Book Club 0
L WHAT DOES TO2 MEAN...please read History 3
G Good Nautical Non Fiction books to read The Book Club 3
BillyNoMates Extra! Extra! Read all abart it! Diamond Lil's 0
SEP86 Relocation Leave - If you are being assigned you may want to read. UPO 15
boredwafu CHF - Crabs stiffing us?? Read and respond..... The Fleet Air Arm 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp .....read before you die The Book Club 10
J The Italian who went to Malta (Read with Italian accent) Blue Jokes 0
B READ PLEASE Eternal Voices Concert over half of tickets sold The Corps 0
sgtpepperband Off to the USA in the next 2 years? Read this! Travel & The Great Outdoors 2
Merlin28 Funniest thing I have read for ages Diamond Lil's 40
J Post if you read Navy News Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 36
R Poetry Worth a Read- very apt. The Quarterdeck 4
Rumrat Good read Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
X.R.D Monty. Read your P.M's you throbber!!! The Gash Barge 5
trelawney126 Browns had his Horrorscope Read Current Affairs 2
Chicogiz Read! The Gash Barge 4
trelawney126 Hello mum this is going to be hard for you to read Current Affairs 19
NotmeChief Why was Jackson not found guilty? - Read this. Current Affairs 17
WhizzbangDai 'Phoenix Squadron' - brilliant read Hobbies & The Great Indoors 3
G What do you read when you're away? The Quarterdeck 40
wet_blobby Read this all Kernow peasants... Diamond Lil's 37