Matelots Я Us

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by thingy, Oct 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I keep reading people on RR telling the newbies and other interested parties that given their time again, they would happily repeat their entire naval career, basic training included! o_O The question is of course would Daddyson Smiff wish to train alongside and then serve with Daddy Smiff? :biggrin:

If the Cameroons reintroduce national service for former service personnel ONLY, how many of you daddy types would really wish to endure the privations (and worst) of the past and serve (as Juniors/Ordinary Ratings) alongside their younger AB sons? :bball:

I can see it now.....

Junior Nicks serving alongside AB Nicolson.... and having to call his son SIR! :muhaha:
  2. Well from the many posts on here Steve the training nowadays is a piece of piss. Plus the wages are better, I can do the 1.5 mile run in 10 mins so yes I would give it a go, only one problem, I have psychotic episodes so they would probably hit the reject button.
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I served at the same time as my old fella, even had to salute his commission....Did have its funnier moments though and I doubt many people bump into their dad in the artic north pole region and share rolled oats and sandy bottoms from the trusty metal mug. FCUKED if I'd go through the factory again though, sod that.
  4. I'd do it all again, have to do it in the pre JPA, actuals, Cold war era!!!!!!
  5. I think most of us who say we would do it all again mean if we were transported back to when we were 18 again, now that could be fun me 18 and my sons around 40
  6. That could be very interesting. For the record I'd like to go back to 1979 and make the RIGHT decision and join up as a JRO (Skimmers)... thought I'd like to have been aged 16 five years earlier and spent 6 weeks at the G Spot.... only 6 weeks mind! o_O
  7. If you hang around about 20 years Thingy, I'll tell you what I think. Off to Raleigh 9th November. Can't wait.
  8. I thought you'd already done your basic on HMS Impregnable, a ship praised by the left-wing Labour MP Michael Foot (Member for Guzz in whose constituency the Preggers was moored) when he first won his seat back in 1945! :thumright: He was arguing in favour of retaining Preggers and closing HMS Bruce which was somewhere in that windswept place called Scotland. Scottish Ministers and retaining ships in English or Scottish constituencies. Sound familiar?

Enjoy Raleigh and hope they put you in the naval nursery called "Ganges". :thumright:

The Old Signal School.