Masters of the sea

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by bcgirl, Sep 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just returned from the Navy Days 2009 - great day and hopefully some good prep for the AIB

I was just wondering if anyone knew when the documentary by Dan Snow 'Masters of the Seas' starts - I'm trying to do as much research as possible so I dont want to miss it,

2. Did you honestly pay £18 to get in?
  3. Totally agree, my next door neighbours young lad just wanted to see a warship, not fcukin buy one. Thats probably one less recruit for the future.
  4. I was going to go but wasn't going to pay £18 for a call round
  5. I saved myself the 18 quid by watching it from my boat.
  6. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Get this then guys, we sail after navy days on Sunday and I have to return onboard, in uniform prior to sailing or pay the entrance fee, winner!
  7. Life in a blue one!
  8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

9. Paid £14 to get in - as Im hoping to join up next year, I figured it was worth it to get a look at the ships and chat to serving personnel, although, I wasn't too chuffed about queing for an hour to get in, then 2 hours to get a sub ticket, then another hour to get onto the sub - shoddy organisation which meant I missed all the displays and essentially paid £14 for a 10 minute tour of a submarine!
  10. Lucky old you.
  11. It cost me a lot more for a six year visit!!!
  12. I am sorry to hear that, Perhaps it might be an idea for the future that all who are joining the RN and are in contact with their AFCO's should attend the Navy Days trials, the day before the public are allowed in.
    That way they could test the organisation and will perhaps learn a thing or two into the bargain.
    My next door neighbour has three lads, two 16 year old twins and another lad aged 12. Mum and Dad are both ex service.
    Would have cost them an arm and a leg to get in. No ex forces discount, 16 year old kids pay adult rates. Whilst MOD civil service half price! :evil:
    Best of luck with your career.. It aint all that bad, just when civvies run the show
  13. And if you are female, as your name suggests, you wont even serve on them.
  14. But then again Two hours to get a ticket plus One hours to queue and a ten minute visit. She'll at least know what one looks like :wink:
  15. She would...if she joins the Royal Australian Navy :wink: :) 8)