Massive Breaking News - is this the end now?

NotmeChief

Banned
A direct letter telling him to bugger off:

Dear Gordon,
We both love the Labour Party. I have worked for it for twenty years and you for far longer. We know we owe it everything and it owes us nothing.
I owe it to our Party to say what I believe no matter how hard that may be. I now believe your continued leadership makes a Conservative victory more, not less likely.
That would be disastrous for our country. This moment calls for stronger regulation, an active state, better public services, an open democracy. It calls for a Government that measures itself by how it treats the poorest in society. Those are our values, not David Cameron's.
We therefore owe it to our country to give it a real choice. We need to show that we are prepared to fight to be a credible Government and have the courage to offer an alternative future.
I am therefore calling on you to stand aside to give our Party a fighting chance of winning. As such I am resigning from Government.
The Party was here long before us, and we want it to be here long after we have gone. We must do the right thing by it.
I am not seeking the leadership, nor acting with anyone else. My actions are my own considered view, nothing more. If the consensus is that you should continue, then I will support the Government loyally from the backbenches. But I do believe that this question now needs to be put.
Thank you for giving me the privilege of serving.
Yours,
Rt Hon James Purnell MP

Scrumpy

Lantern Swinger
Labour can only rely on 16% support according to the latest YouGov poll.

However, Gordon Brown's personal rating hit 100% in a YouCunt poll.

Well I heard some depressing new last night, a Pofessor of Politics said he though that Gordon would not hold an electiion until the very last day possible, ie we have another full year to go. I must admit that having watched him a few times recently have difficulty in facing up to the truth and reality I fear that it seams unlikely that Gordon will take the hint.

And we get rid of Labour and then get who or what? A party that has already clearly said its' next term of office would be a time of austerity aka higher taxes.
For my tuppence worth I think we live in dangerous times when, if we are not very careful indeed, and I don't say we should stick with what we've got, then some really dangerous people could get into positions of power.
Getting rid is fine but what about the alternative?

sussex2 said:
And we get rid of Labour and then get who or what? A party that has already clearly said its' next term of office would be a time of austerity aka higher taxes.
For my tuppence worth I think we live in dangerous times when, if we are not very careful indeed, and I don't say we should stick with what we've got, then some really dangerous people could get into positions of power.

I think most people with the smallest ammount of CDF realise we are going to have to pay back all the dosh Gordon has frittered away. The real question is how soon do we start the pain. In my view the sooner you start the quicker it is over and the less painfull it is.

slim

War Hero
sussex2 said:

We will get higher taxes and austerity whichever party gets in. It's the price of unregulated lending that has taken place over the last 15 years. Followed by the record number of bankrupts who have acted totally irresponsibly using government regulations to escape paying back their debts.
The sensible working person is now going to have to pay for the irresponsible.

D

Deleted 493

Sure. The whole house of cards is falling now. Does anyone have firm details about how Cameron's lot (or Clegg's, for that matter) would bail us out of the slump, regenerate faith in political institutions, level out poverty and the plunging trend in people heading from employment to Job Centre, wind up operations overseas, chase down non-dom taxdodgers, eliminate violent crime, improve healthcare facilities to the general public, reinstate classroom authority and empowerment of schools and solve the cancer that afflicts the armed forces? These are the issues I am interested in. I couldn't give a fat rat's dick about who else resigns now, or how much some overstuffed turd with a degree in humanities who sits as representitive for Scrotum East because daddy is a company director for some ludicrous firm which employs Indonesian dawrfs has spent on his penis enlargemewnt. Job is effectively done now, and it is now up to the country tro press this shower of lame-arsed chimps to go to the polls and impress the feck out of us or they die. I want to see all parties cards on the table please. I want to see what they have to offer to coax my vote out of me. None of them so far have done anything but cover their own six-o'clock whilst sniggering at the afflicted. They are ALL unworthy in my eyes. Until proven otherwise.

levers

Maxi_77 said:
sussex2 said:

I think most people with the smallest ammount of CDF realise we are going to have to pay back all the dosh Gordon has frittered away. The real question is how soon do we start the pain. In my view the sooner you start the quicker it is over and the less painfull it is.

I'm not that certain that a lot of people really do realise the utter shite the country is in, in fact almost totally broke, nor that a lot of people are posessed of much CDF. Can this all be blamed on the government? What sort of responsibility do others take, the ones who got themselves loaded up with debt.
The level of personal debt in the UK is the highest in the world, yet with an average salary of what, around the 20k mark, how than this possibly work.
It's going to be a long old haul. 8O

Levers_Aligned said:
Sure. The whole house of cards is falling now. Does anyone have firm details about how Cameron's lot (or Clegg's, for that matter) would bail us out of the slump, regenerate faith in political institutions, level out poverty and the plunging trend in people heading from employment to Job Centre, wind up operations overseas, chase down non-dom taxdodgers, eliminate violent crime, improve healthcare facilities to the general public, reinstate classroom authority and empowerment of schools and solve the cancer that afflicts the armed forces? These are the issues I am interested in. I couldn't give a fat rat's dick about who else resigns now, or how much some overstuffed turd with a degree in humanities who sits as representitive for Scrotum East because daddy is a company director for some ludicrous firm which employs Indonesian dawrfs has spent on his penis enlargemewnt. Job is effectively done now, and it is now up to the country tro press this shower of lame-arsed chimps to go to the polls and impress the feck out of us or they die. I want to see all parties cards on the table please. I want to see what they have to offer to coax my vote out of me. None of them so far have done anything but cover their own six-o'clock whilst sniggering at the afflicted. They are ALL unworthy in my eyes. Until proven otherwise.

levers

I'm afraid you are going to have to wait until an election is called before all the parties actually tell you what they plan to do if elected. It has always been thus and particulalrly these days with Gordon being so anpt at copying Call me Dave and pretending it is his own idea. Equally Call me Daves mob will not be able to see the 'books' until an election is called so cannot say what their financial policy will be.

The greatest shame of all is that 12 years of NuLabor misrule has left polititians in this country with moral standing of a street corner tout.

NotmeChief

Banned
Maxi_77 said:
Levers_Aligned said:

levers

I'm afraid you are going to have to wait until an election is called before all the parties actually tell you what they plan to do if elected. It has always been thus and particulalrly these days with Gordon being so anpt at copying Call me Dave and pretending it is his own idea. Equally Call me Daves mob will not be able to see the 'books' until an election is called so cannot say what their financial policy will be.

The greatest shame of all is that 12 years of NuLabor misrule has left polititians in this country with moral standing of a street corner tout.

Thai is very very true, the few things that have been spoken so far have all been stolen by Brown and claimed as his idea.

It might be a good idea to remind people of this.

And all he did was that sickly smirk

Who said it is not important.

Latest Threads