MAs on front Line combat?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Danny299, Apr 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys I went to see the Navy guy today at the office. But as we drove away I thought of a million questions!!!! Plz help me if you can!
    My first one!
    Do MAs (medical assistant) get sent to the front line in Afgan? In the combat?
    I heard a story of Kate sOmthing sorry forgot her name! Who saved a soldier who got. Hit in the neck? and if they do get sent to Afgan on front line this might sound strange but can a MA be sen there by request? Haha ^_^

And I filled in one form just my name and adress that stuff, where do I go from there? Wait for them to contact me?

Thanks guys hope you know first question!
  2. I'd rather put a gun in my mouth....:evil:
  3. Hmm. Think i'm nearly done with being a knob for today. Appypollys Ladies and Gents, not been a stunning month.
    ***** :p
  4. And it's only the 4th!
  5. So I am going to think yes?
    Dunno why the two other posters are talking about! 0_o don't shoot yourself!! =<
  6. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Yes I do, it is, "Do you swallow?"

By the way, why is the thought of a MA (or scablifter as we like to call them) asking to go to Afghanistan amusing? (You thought it worthy of a full "Ha-ha".)
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  7. Sorry Danny, thought you'd had your answer.

Yes, RN MAs get sent out to Afghanistan, as demonstrated by the linked article. This summer, in particular, there are likely to be more RN MAs out there than usual, as 3Cdo Brigade RM will be taking over. And yes, you can volunteer to deploy, though it will not necessarily guarantee that you are sent.

PS. TO, you need a backlit keyboard like mine so you can sit in your cabino in the dark.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  8. Thanks guys!
    Scaplifter? Haha nice! Dunno what most of you are talking about!!! Haha

But thanks guys I got my answer! ^_^
  9. tiddlyoggy

Sounds quite Gucci mate, are they pricey? I'm not in my cabin though, at home with Mrs Oggy asleep 6 feet behind me.
  10. tiddlyoggy

'Kinell, I hope you never have to give me an innocculation. I'm trembling at the very thought of it.
  11. Dirt cheap. It's an Advent one I bought from PC World out at Lee Mills. I think it was a tenner.
  12. tiddlyoggy

Ta, I'll have a look at the weekend
  13. Link.
    That offer may be expired though.
  14. tiddlyoggy

Brilliant mate. I'll have a shufty tomorrow, can't go rooting for my wallet and cards now, I'll get a bollocking from the Mrs for waking her.
  15. What does that even mean? =P o_o who is Mrs oggy?
    You guys are very odd!
  16. tiddlyoggy

My wife you thick fukc. Is it that hard to work out given my user ID?
    I'm not sure that I've ever seen "odd" until I read your posts, I am starting to believe you're on a bite..
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

18. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Give your head a shake. Judging by your posts, you won't make the worthy heights of a CMT (that's MA to you Navy types before you reply).
  19. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

This has the same ring to it as Gemma93. Not sure who is baiting the trap, but I'm pretty sure this is a bite.