MA's in waiting might want to watch this.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by MR_Medic, Sep 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all
    A friend of mine just posted this video link on Facebook
    It shows a clip from the National Geographic series called "Inside Combat Rescue" which follows a team of American combat medics who fly to pick up any wounded. Pretty graphic and upsetting but is a very real picture of what it might be like to be a medic on the front line in Afghan.
    After watching this clip I searched on youtube and you can watch the other episodes there, here is a link to the first one.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. Cheers Ninja.
    UK Mert Evac here
    Yeah had read about Kate Nesbitt before, she deserved that Military Cross, most girls her age are wondering what colour to dye their hair for the weekend, she was out there under fire and saved that guys life.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  4. Hmmmmm a bit of a daft summary if you ask me. There is still Med Sqn almost totally made up of RN medics down at CDO logs regt. That is not going away and will follow the corps on any military intervention they will make.
    To say RN medics will mostly be confined to ships is a bit false.

5. I think the operative word is "mostly". CLR does have its Med Sqn but that will be the only 'land' posting - all other drafts will be to Ships or Establishments. So, they will mostly be drafted to Ships or Establishments.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes I understand that but I just felt the comment made it sound like it was not worth watching. When in reality anyone joining the MA branch should have there eyes wide open as to what it could entail.