marriage

must be hard to be married in the navy. :( how often can you see your family and whats the longest you can expect to be away from them?

slim

War Hero
The RN is no different to many civillian jobs where work takes you away from home.
My last job as a field engineer frequently took me away from home for three months at a time, this happenned sometimes as often as three times a year.
It's amazing how wives manage to get into a routine and even enjoy the seperation sometimes. Also think of the homecomings,a honeymoon every time :p :oops:

I guess it depends on the individual and their marriage.

From my own point of view, I would never have served while being married. I would have missed my wife and son too much.

Another downside, for a bloke anyway, is visiting the fleshpots of the world, seeing all those exotic women, and having to resist temptation. Torture by any other name!

However, as I said, it depends on individual relationships.

There are some good ones out there, i met mine when i was still serving, but the vast majority are not really cut out for marrage and long periods of seperation.

Sniffemout

Lantern Swinger
Montigny_La_Palisse said:
loiz18 said:
must be hard to be married in the navy. :( how often can you see your family and whats the longest you can expect to be away from them?
I see mine about 3 weekends a year.

It's fcuking brilliant.

Funny how you and your family both gave the same quote :wink: :)

Sniffemout

Lantern Swinger
Gombear said:

From my own point of view, I would never have served while being married. I would have missed my wife and son too much.

Another downside, for a bloke anyway, is visiting the fleshpots of the world, seeing all those exotic women, and having to resist temptation. Torture by any other name!
Obviously your wife reads these threads. Two other alternatives, religion or lying. :oops: :D

Sniffemout said:
Gombear said:

Obviously your wife reads these threads. Two other alternatives, religion or lying. :oops: :D
I CAN EXPLAIN!! Er, well, no I can't actually. :oops:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Miscellaneous 0
dixie_gooner Miscellaneous 0
S Miscellaneous 0