Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by loiz18, Sep 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. must be hard to be married in the navy. :( how often can you see your family and whats the longest you can expect to be away from them?
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Depends how lucky you are.
  3. Here we go again, 8)
  4. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fcuk me Blobbs your on fire today mate!!! :lol:
  5. The RN is no different to many civillian jobs where work takes you away from home.
    My last job as a field engineer frequently took me away from home for three months at a time, this happenned sometimes as often as three times a year.
    It's amazing how wives manage to get into a routine and even enjoy the seperation sometimes. Also think of the homecomings,a honeymoon every time :p :oops:
  6. I see mine about 3 weekends a year.

It's fcuking brilliant.
  7. You lucky bastrd
    since retiring I see mine ALL the time :oops:
  8. Marriage? Why not save time and find someone you really hate and just give her your car, house and pension.
  9. I guess it depends on the individual and their marriage.

From my own point of view, I would never have served while being married. I would have missed my wife and son too much.

Another downside, for a bloke anyway, is visiting the fleshpots of the world, seeing all those exotic women, and having to resist temptation. Torture by any other name!

However, as I said, it depends on individual relationships.
  10. There are some good ones out there, i met mine when i was still serving, but the vast majority are not really cut out for marrage and long periods of seperation.
  11. Many inter RN marriages?? :wink: :lol:
  12. same sex or opposite sex 8O
  13. I was more meaning opposite sex. But either really (especially if the night out in Singapore shown on Warship is anything to go by!!)

14. Funny how you and your family both gave the same quote :wink: :)
  15. Obviously your wife reads these threads. Two other alternatives, religion or lying. :oops: :D
  16. I CAN EXPLAIN!! Er, well, no I can't actually. :oops:
  17. Well lads, if the news story is to believed that sleeping in the same bed with your other half is bad for your health, being married in the navy means you have a better life expectancy than your non-navy mates....
  18. But you won't enjoy it so much!!!!
  19. Fair one!