Marriage insurance and duty taps

Hello all,

I’m due to tie the knot in December and the ship I’m joining will be duty taps over that period. Does anyone have any experience or know anywhere that I could find a decent wedding insurance that would cater for me. Iv seen some that require a letter from the CO saying that the ship is not due to go out but I doubt I’d get that if the ship is taps over Christmas.

Anyone had a similar experience or could shed some light would be greatly appriciated!

Harry.

TheCommunicator

Lantern Swinger
I think you are extremely wise to be considering insurance. What that won't cover is the disappointment and wasted effort should you have to cancel.

You might also want to consider engaging with your line management to see if they can put measures in place to manage without you should the ship be activated over the period of your wedding.

Finally, have you considered moving your date to avoid period when not on TAPS?

I don’t join the ship until August after leadership so I don’t know my line manager yet, I sent him an email this morning feeling a bit jack asking for leave even though I haven’t met them yet! The wedding was already re scheduled to winter as I did Christmas duties last year to guarantee the time off this year LOL!

If anyone reads this thread in the future I have decided to go with John Lewis wedding insurance for £60 they cover up to £10,000 in cancellations and I explained the taps situation and they said they would still cover me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Operation to tackle FGM and forced marriage honoured at awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 41: explaination of vote on child marriage MoD News 0
S Marriage quarters Finance & Pensions 28
PotentialCT Officer, ratings & all things marriage Joining the Royal Navy 2
MoD_RSS Press release: Marriage Allowance promoted on Valentine's Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Policy for progress: ending FGM and forced marriage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Secretary opens conference to tackle FGM and forced marriage MoD News 0
Mitchell1995 Marriage in the navy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
S Marriage benefits? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
E Notice of marriage help!!! Nearest & Dearest 1
K Marriage Nearest & Dearest 21
sgtpepperband Daily Mail: "Pensioner scammed for 56 YEARS that cost her £200,000 and marriage" Diamond Lil's 6
ToonPatriot Marriage Entitlements and ways around it. The Quarterdeck 38
janner Marriage Miscellaneous 1
J Marriage quarters help The Quarterdeck 4
finknottle Homosexual and Lesbian Marriage Current Affairs 57
rod-gearing Marriage break up Diamond Lil's 12
L The Joy of Marriage Miscellaneous 3
D Marriage visa For US citizen to come to UK Nearest & Dearest 9
trelawney126 Marriage on the Quick. Divorce Machine Follows Diamond Lil's 0
W Navy Marriage? The Gash Barge 74
P How a marriage works! Miscellaneous 0
dixie_gooner Marriage Miscellaneous 0
S Marriage Miscellaneous 0
Y move out after marriage breakdown. Nearest & Dearest 17
finknottle More ludicrous statements from the Con/Lib marriage Current Affairs 2
M Marriage guidance in civvy street Nearest & Dearest 10
L marriage Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
K marriage guidance for senior officers.... Current Affairs 18
Tas-ape Marriage councillor The Quarterdeck 0
M Marriage The Corps 22
TwistedFireStarter Twins get marriage annulled Diamond Lil's 12
sgtpepperband Support Gay Marriage Diamond Lil's 38
HarryBosch Lesbians Pound Bush for Marriage Diamond Lil's 18
A Charles & Camilla - marriage may be legally challenged.. Diamond Lil's 18
MoD_RSS Motorcycle insurance broker merger raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government-backed export insurance protects agricultural exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA orders insurance provider to fix PPI breaches MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD helps develop support for the trade credit insurance sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Trade Credit Insurance backed by £10 billion guarantee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to support businesses through Trade Credit Insurance guarantee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD’s online advice about the insurance industry MoD News 0
O Buying Life Insurance before joining... Finance & Pensions 17
MoD_RSS Former chair of ABI to lead flood insurance review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pension scheme negligence lands insurance boss seven-year ban MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Insurance fraud lands boss 12-year bankruptcy restrictions MoD News 0
P POV Personal Liability Insurance Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS Press release: Artificial intelligence to tackle insurance fraud and assess flood damage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Terrorism insurance gap closed giving peace of mind to businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) claims and the Official Receiver MoD News 0