Marriage Entitlements and ways around it.

ToonPatriot

Badgeman
I can't get my long term girlfriend a gym membership without getting married or obviously a marriage patch... We never want to get married.
Is there no way around marriage for getting what other couples with different opinions on traditions are entitled too???
Not quite fair :/

gypquitacorrie

Lantern Swinger
I can't get my long term girlfriend a gym membership without getting married or obviously a marriage patch... We never want to get married.
Is there no way around marriage for getting what other couples with different opinions on traditions are entitled too???

The answer is simple if you want to enjoy and avail yourself of the benefits (and negatives) of being married GET MARRIED. if not stop dripping, man up and get on with it. No one ever said life was fair. Although you will find that most ''Married'' benefits are open to dependants and long term partner's in some form or other in this day and age. Perhaps your asking the wrong question or not asking it nicely enough.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer

Oh dear. Never mind. What a shame. :|

Untitled.jpg

Flagdeck

War Hero
First, get a house with a cellar, then put wallbars in, then a few chain thingys on the wall, then a rack, a few hooks in the ceiling with more chain thingys hanging from them...........then use your imagination........that should keep you both fit.

Edited to add.... First dibs on the videos.

fails_as_is

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Well this thread derailed pretty rapidly. Yeah, believe it or not in today's society, people don't seem to get married too quickly, and in actual fact there's probably around 25% or so of people across all the services who would say they are in "long-term relationships", and their partner's are entitled to not much at all, in comparison to what wives and husbands get. Well, believe it or not the MOD has realised this and some of these entitlements may well get opened up under the new employment model, which is due to deliver over the next 3-4 years. By which time you could have saved up for a nice wedding anyway!