Marriage Entitlements and ways around it.

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by ToonPatriot, Jul 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I can't get my long term girlfriend a gym membership without getting married or obviously a marriage patch... We never want to get married.
    Is there no way around marriage for getting what other couples with different opinions on traditions are entitled too???
    Not quite fair :/

2. You have to be married to join a gym!!......

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah was told my partner is not entitled to use the facilities unless she is my wife. Medievil eh?

4. Where was this?

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yeah, those damned rules about gym membership are soooo unfair, aren't they..? :roll:

You seem very keen to make her go - is she fat?

• Like Like x 1
  6. The answer is simple if you want to enjoy and avail yourself of the benefits (and negatives) of being married GET MARRIED. if not stop dripping, man up and get on with it. No one ever said life was fair. Although you will find that most ''Married'' benefits are open to dependants and long term partner's in some form or other in this day and age. Perhaps your asking the wrong question or not asking it nicely enough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sounds awful

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Oh dear. Never mind. What a shame. :|

Untitled.jpg

9. First, get a house with a cellar, then put wallbars in, then a few chain thingys on the wall, then a rack, a few hooks in the ceiling with more chain thingys hanging from them...........then use your imagination........that should keep you both fit.

Edited to add.... First dibs on the videos.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You think that's bad?

Not THAT long ago, the first Mrs S-B wasn't allowed to attend SR Mess functions as she was a JR at the time.

11. wal

wal Badgeman

I've seen that video and it ain't up to much, Flagdeck. Try bondage for beginners Vol III.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fails_as_is

fails_as_is Badgeman Book Reviewer

Well this thread derailed pretty rapidly. Yeah, believe it or not in today's society, people don't seem to get married too quickly, and in actual fact there's probably around 25% or so of people across all the services who would say they are in "long-term relationships", and their partner's are entitled to not much at all, in comparison to what wives and husbands get. Well, believe it or not the MOD has realised this and some of these entitlements may well get opened up under the new employment model, which is due to deliver over the next 3-4 years. By which time you could have saved up for a nice wedding anyway!

13. :
    :
    Aye,

We are now detailed orf to toast 'em - ('Saturday - Our families') just don't let the bounders get anywhere near the gymn, dammit!

14. Thanks fails as is for the one sensible reply :)

This is at Yeovilton.

15. So what was the problem?

16. Unfortunately the reason that many people do not get married is that the single mother gets a far better deal than married family.
    Lets look at a couple of things.
    House purchase.
    Two single people living together are allowed to each own their own property, this means when selling one of these properties then neither gets charged capital gains tax.
    A married couple may jointly own one property, any more then when they sell they WILL get charged capital gains tax.
    A single mom will be given social housing far more quickly than a married couple, then the long term partner may move in.

Don't give me hassle about those in long term relationships dipping out, you can't have your cake and eat it

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not giving you hassle. Was wondering if there was a way around it as we dont want to get married is all.

18. How would it be fairly diffrentiated between those in long term relationships and those in just relationships. Time may be the primary indicator, but it doesnt neccessarily reflect the seriousness. One of my friends took on a mortage with someone 2 weeks after meeting, crazy? Yep. Pushed their relationships into the serious category? Yeah. Perhaps home ownership could be an indicator, but then again that is not always accurate in reflecting how serious a couple is, some people may just not have the chance to co-inhabit for whatever reason.

19. But people can get married on a whim too.
    Maybe if your not married u have to put names forward then get the advantages such as patch 6 months later.

20. Yeah fair one, just wondering how they will rationale it thats all not a dig or nought. Maybe times are a'changing and in the future won't be so much of a problem. Sjrm knows his beans, maybe try that thing he said :)