Marrakech!

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by andym, Apr 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DONT GO!its crap!Spent 4 days there on a company junket.Pissed it down,crap food,shitty hotel room.Malfunctioning Air Con!Total waste of time and Money!

2. Haute cuisine = raw eggs cracked over plain boiled rice! yuk
    What is that all about?

Pestered so much, wife had to wrap herself in hotel sheets as we escaped out of the place. two sheets and a fan belt :) Then I got the stick for walking with one of "their" women ffs

(we stole the sheets :)

3. I loved it!! I was supposed to be in there for 2 weeks but loved it so much I ended up living and travelling in Maroc for 4 months!!

I do, however, know loads of people who hate it... give it another chance as it is a place that grows on you!

4. so does a Fungal Infection! :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Andy, I love Morocco, beautiful place, friendly people hot and cheap, Hitech like aircon isn't their forte but........next time try getting your company to fork out more than a tenner on your travel budget :lol:

6. Al maghrib baladun jameel.

7. I would have thought that you couldnt get better than The Palmairaie Palace Hotel!Apart from the one that Chruchill stayed at which is being renovated and will cost £500 to £800 a night!

8. chieftiff

In that case Andy, I would write to watchdog, you were seen off 8O

9. chieftiff

Yes, it truly is a wonderful country.

10. Its like a huge buildng site!!!!

11. chieftiff

Still..........crikey it was like that when I was last there, 24 years ago! Nice people though, you should have headed up to the Atlas mountains.... stunning!

12. I worked in morocco for 6weeks back in 2002, I thought the people were extremely friendly and helpful (expecting a reward no doubt for there time)
    I thoroughly enjoyed the atlas mountains and thought the food was nice where ever we ate.
    You do get a bit harassed but thats the same in any poor country Ive ever been to. We bought fans for our room which were a god send. The last place we went was marrakech which was an eye opener but the world would be boring if it was the same everywhere. :)
    I will definately take my kids one day just so they can experience it.

13. This was you, yes?

14. :D :D