Marketing Week: "Soldiers Warned About Twitter And Facebook Use"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Jun 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Seems a reasonable & logical approach.

There are some in management who get hysterical about social networks through sheer ignorance or inability to accept change. Equally there are those in the services who are completely unaware of the damage they can cause through indiscretion with regard opsec & persec.

2. Can't say I've used Twitter, but it amazes me how many serving and recently left service personnel are allowing Facebook to publish their whereabouts on their facebook pages. it appears to be using their mobile phone to tell you where they are and what times they seem to be travelling. Not something I would want on a fairly open forum. But I suppose each to their own. You do sometimes see stuff that is giving away other people information which is worrying. But on the whole I think most service personnel are aware of these on-line services and what they should be saying/not saying. The RN/RM careers and the Navy in general seem to now be making a better use of Facebook for raising the RN's profile, which can only be good news.

SM

3. Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  4. And in true military fashion the advice will be consumed and duly ignored!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. All 4 of the campaign videos are here, just in case there are some which you haven't seen already - Video 4 has just been released:

Video 1

YouTube - ‪Personal Security Online - Video 1 Full‬‏

Video 2

YouTube - ‪Personal Security Online - Video 2 Full‬‏

Video 3

YouTube - ‪Personal Security Online - Video 3 Full‬‏

Video 4

YouTube - ‪Personal Security Online - Video 4 Full‬‏

What do you think of the campaign in general? Do you like or dislike one video in particular? If so, why?

6. Brings it home dont it?

7. Might just be a case of listening to that little voice in your head saying i probably should not do this...

8. If only we could inject common sense into people...

I do like these clips though, terry t has never looked so good!