Marines to get England to win Rugby world cup

#2
Words of wisdom indeed





Woodward credits the Marines with teaching him one vital message when, after a session in 1999, a leading training officer told him: "There are men in your squad we wouldn't go into battle with.

"It's not about their skills, it is about their attitude and their effect on the team.

"One wrong team player can sap all the energy from the group."
 

ex_wasp_L2

Lantern Swinger
#3
It was not the RM as stated but the SBS Training Wing. I am told they were met by the RSM of the SBS training wing in the VIP lounge at Bournemouth Airport and told "Gents you have 5 mins to call who you want then I am having all phones". For 4 days they have been under the care of the SBS
 

chinamatelot

Lantern Swinger
#4
Brilliant! Would love to know what the training methods are.

And if we lose the Cup, we now know who to blame! (Come on England, don't let us down)

I can't wait for the games to begin - the amount of shite I get from Aussies in Hong Kong since we beat the crap out of them 2003 is still unreal.

If England don't win it, I desperately want a Northern Hemisphere side to win - Ireland 1st, deep breath, France 2nd.
 
#5
chinamatelot said:
Brilliant! Would love to know what the training methods are.

And if we lose the Cup, we now know who to blame! (Come on England, don't let us down)

I can't wait for the games to begin - the amount of shite I get from Aussies in Hong Kong since we beat the crap out of them 2003 is still unreal.

If England don't win it, I desperately want a Northern Hemisphere side to win - Ireland 1st, deep breath, France 2nd.
France :pukel:
I will be at the final in Paris in Oct I suspect surrounded by a sea of black!
At least that will make my red jersey will stand out.
:thumright:
 

chinamatelot

Lantern Swinger
#6
Welshbird said:
chinamatelot said:
Brilliant! Would love to know what the training methods are.

And if we lose the Cup, we now know who to blame! (Come on England, don't let us down)

I can't wait for the games to begin - the amount of shite I get from Aussies in Hong Kong since we beat the crap out of them 2003 is still unreal.

If England don't win it, I desperately want a Northern Hemisphere side to win - Ireland 1st, deep breath, France 2nd.
France :pukel:
I will be at the final in Paris in Oct I suspect surrounded by a sea of black!
At least that will make my red jersey will stand out.
:thumright:
Sorry, woz being realistic - come on you Welsh - after England of course!

Good luck!
 
#7
I'd rather see the All Blacks win it than the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys.

Hopefully we could see a good England performance... and hopefully the Corps put some of these blokes back in their place.
 
#9
Potential_Officer said:
I'd rather see the All Blacks win it than the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys.

Hopefully we could see a good England performance... and hopefully the Corps put some of these blokes back in their place.
Personally for the good of the game I think we need a bit of Northern Hemisphere dominance, and if it falls to the Frogs to do it so be it.
 
#10
Or maybe the Northern Hempsihere teams need a good kick up the backside in the form of an all Southern final to sort themselves out, we have the talent, no doubt about that, but for some reason, professionalism seems to have gone a little bit off course on some players perhaps.
 

chinamatelot

Lantern Swinger
#12
You mean, Northern Hemisphere teams don't play dirty like NZ, Aus or Boks? We should fall to their standards of being down right dirty *******?

I would (cough!) rather the French win then any of those 3 *******.

There, said it, (hurt) but, by God Sir, we must win to shut their traps.

Rant over.

Don't give a toss if any one wants to have a crack. No helmet required.

Bring it on.

China.
 

chinamatelot

Lantern Swinger
#13
Welshbird said:
chinamatelot said:
Sorry, woz being realistic - come on you Welsh - after England of course!
Good luck!
you do know that works only one way?
Come on E... en... eng.. Nope sorry just can't do it ;-)

Sorry Taff, you beat me by a minute! I was replying to the other post.

Anyway, stick to the 7's format and you should be okay. JPR and Gareth Edwards could all come out of retirement but even they know it's a lost cause.

X
China
 

chinamatelot

Lantern Swinger
#15
wet_blobby said:
C'mon Scotland.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :tp:

Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!
I said dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!
I said "Far out, - What a day, a year, a laugh it is!"
You know, - Well you know you had it comin' to you,
Now there's not a lot I can do

Dreamer, you stupid little dreamer;
So now you put your head in your hands, oh no!
I said "Far out, - What a day, a year, a laugh it is!"
You know, - Well you know you had it comin' to you,
Now there's not a lot I can do. :pottytrain5:

With apologies to Supertramp - great song and suits the anthem of Scotland Rugby better than O Flower of Scotland. :toothy7:
 
#16
chinamatelot said:
Welshbird said:
chinamatelot said:
Sorry, woz being realistic - come on you Welsh - after England of course!
Good luck!
you do know that works only one way?
Come on E... en... eng.. Nope sorry just can't do it ;-)

Sorry Taff, you beat me by a minute! I was replying to the other post.

Anyway, stick to the 7's format and you should be okay. JPR and Gareth Edwards could all come out of retirement but even they know it's a lost cause.

X
China
aaahhh :notworthy: JPR :love7:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Land Ops 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
W RMR 45

Similar threads

New Posts