Marine training

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by jayluke, Aug 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi basically i love challenging my self regarding fitness.At the moment i train 3-4 times a week at doin cv from tredmill,bike and cross trainer as well i doin weights and sometimes cross fit circuits.On top this i train and help teach thai boxing at nights during the week.Recently i was told about the rm fitness tool which i thought sounded good and gave a new challenge but after looking at i was looking at ways i could tweak it a bit with adding new stuff to it to make it little more challenging or just different?

2. And your point is...?

3. Double away to your local AFCO/online application thingy and sign up for the Royal Marines, that may make your training regime more challenging/different. However judging buy your post, you'll breeze it! ;-)

• Like Like x 4
  4. You're telling me.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

6. Stick 80kg in a Bergen and yomp 20 miles in 6 hours, if you can hack that you may have a chance of progressing to the hard stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Think I'd need a whiskey myself after that feat.

Burp, cheers.

8. Easy stuff... the whisky I meant...

9. Do it underwater? Or join the RM and see what real fitness is if you have the balls instead of boasting about your fitness on an internet forum.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  10. By the thread title, do you mean American marines some other organisation or the real thing, The Royal Marines. Remember with Royal Marines it's not all about fitness, you have to be able to out drink matelots.

• Like Like x 1
  11. And drip about how much harder it is to get promoted than us. Take the piss out of overweight chiefs, drip about being embarked forces and constantly drip about people on the biff. I am sure there are more but these are the main ones that our RM go on about day in day out.

Sent from my LT15i using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

12. These are the rules......

RoyalMarine Rules:
    1. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
    2. Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough.
    3. Have a plan.
    4. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.
    5. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet, evenyour friends
    6. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose calibre does not start with a"4."
    7. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life isexpensive.
    8. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral &Diagonal preferred.)
    9. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
    10. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
    11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose. In tenyears nobody will remember the details of calibre, stance, or tactics. Theywill only remember who lived.
    12. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating your intention toshoot.

SBS Rules:
    1. Look very cool in sunglasses.
    2. Kill every living thing within view.
    3. Adjust speedos.
    4. Check hair in mirror.

SAS Rules:
    1. Walk 50 miles wearing 75 pound rucksack while starving.
    2. Locate individuals requiring killing.
    3. Request permission via radio from "Higher" to perform killing.
    4. Curse bitterly when mission is aborted.

Army Rules:
    1. Curse bitterly when receiving operational order.
    2. Make sure there is extra ammo and extra coffee.
    3. Curse bitterly.
    4. Curse bitterly.
    5. Do not listen to 2nd Lt's; it can get you killed.
    6. Curse bitterly.

RAF Rules:
    1. Have a cocktail.
    2. Adjust temperature on air-conditioner.
    3. See what's on Sky.
    4. Ask "what is a gunfight?"
    5. Request more funding from Government with a "killer" Power Pointpresentation.
    6. Wine & dine 'key' MPs; invite MOD & defence industry executives.
    7. Receive funding, set up new command and assemble assets.
    8. Declare the assets "strategic" and never deploy themoperationally.
    9. Hurry to make 13:45 tea-time.
    10. Make sure the base is as far as possible from the conflict but close enoughto have tax exemption.

RN Rules:
    1. Go to Sea.
    2. Drink rum

3. Deploy Royal Marines

• Like Like x 2