Marine technician or supply chain

SJ17

Hi,
I have got a confusion in deciding my career role wheather to join Navy supply chain or marine engineering technician. I have interview next week. I really like to know the work nature of the job. I prefer joining as technician but afraid that would have to spend lot of time on sea. I am ok to work off shore but not for very long period. I am considering supply chain for that reason. I came to know that off shore are less comparing to technician. Can anyone please help me? Really need help and detailed job nature or routine would be highly appreciated.
Please also include first 3 years of service routine(in general). I know that its according to need of Navy, but a general would really help.
Kind regards.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
Good afternoon buddy,
Use the search function, this has been covered quite a lot (and in depth).

If you don't fancy time away at sea for long periods, maybe give the office next door (RAF) a call on your way to your interview.

SJ17

Good afternoon mate,
I have searched everywhere but can’t find answers to my question. I like to join navy and have given my RT test.

Many thanks.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
I have just typed ET (ME) into the search bar and up came with 10 pages... If you don't know anything about your branch of preference from the RN website and are still struggling, I would delay your interview as you will be asked about them.

WreckerL

War Hero
RFA then 6 months on, 3 months off (as a generalisation) or Maritime Border Force.

King Harry Ferry does less time at sea than the other two ferries mentioned :)

Polto

War Hero
Asking for details of what happens in three years of service is quite a lot of detail. Could you be joining for the wrong reasons? You don't seem to concerned about what trade you undertake as long as there isn't too much sea time. Is it worth considering one of the other armed forces...or reservist maybe?

Latest Threads