Marine Pilots

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Skanza, Aug 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the possibility of becoming a pilot (rotary or fixed wing) whilst in the Royal Marines?

I know there are quite a few former bootneck pilots, but is the chances slim or is it a case of wanting it and applying for it whilst in the Marines?

I searched the forums, and couldn't find anything relevent.

2. "Skanza must work harder on his search engine skills if he is to master the intricacies of vectored thrust!"

3. Appreciate the links!

Looks like i fail in that area!
  4. Well I went from sundodger to Pilot (after much hard graft and book worming) so if I can do it ......................
  5. its just you....
  6. Pass the Commando course along with your YO training, go off to a Cdo Unit for a couple of years and if you are very lucky you may get a chance to try and go flying. Long hard road ahead.

7. well i just wanted an updated answer. i spoke to several people in the navy and said that its very hard to get into the marines as an officer, as the demand is low, however apparently it was a higher demand for navy pilots with this new carrier coming into service.
  8. thats the thing, i'm a greedy **** and i want both, just as much as the other...
  9. The join the FAA, go into the Jungly circuit and do the all arms course. You'll be an RN officer with a green lid working in the commando helicopter force. Done.