marine engineering officer

InCHEAVI

I am interested in joining as a marine engineering officer in the royal navy however I can't find the career progression and what a marine engineering officer does at each rank I understand the higher you go the more shore time but what do you do on shore.

Oldest_Nozzer

Midshipman
I am interested in joining as a marine engineering officer in the royal navy however I can't find the career progression and what a marine engineering officer does at each rank I understand the higher you go the more shore time but what do you do on shore.

I didn't want to tell a potential officer how to gather information... But have you tried searching it on here?
Literally dozens of threads on basically what you have asked.

soleil

War Hero

What are you offering as your qualifications, InCHEAVI?

soleil

War Hero
degree in marine and mechanical engineering

Is this a qualification you already have, InCHEAVI?

If not, I am wondering whether you might be able to apply for a bursary for your studies.

The Defence Technical Officer and Engineer Entry Scheme (DTOEES) is closing to be replaced by a STEM Graduate scheme leaving things in a state of flux, but this does not necessarily mean that a standard bursary would not be available to a suitable Engineering student, as far as I know.

How old are you, by the way?