Marine engineer travel opportunities

Jp0901

Midshipman
I’m in the process of joining as a marine engineer and I’m just curious as to how often marine engineers get deployed at sea. I’m aware that some jobs allow you to Travel more than others, so I would like to know the demand for ME’s (ratings) Doing operations at sea. Also I’m not joining mainly for travel but it is something that I would like to experience quite abit during my time in the navy. Thanks.

crash_evans

War Hero
And sometimes won't go anywhere with them!!!! Wink Wink!!

Especially on a T45. Many a time, I’ve been closed up at specials. Singled up. Hearing the roar of the Gas Turbines, only to hear them wind down.

Parts of Ship, Bridge. Double up and secure.

Cheers easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waspie

War Hero
Especially on a T45. Many a time, I’ve been closed up at specials. Singled up. Hearing the roar of the Gas Turbines, only to hear them wind down.

Parts of Ship, Bridge. Double up and secure.

Cheers easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On Leanders it was dodgy boilers so we heard on the flight deck!!!

Which was always good news when on work up at Portland. (Another night at home!!!) A big thank you to all clankies past, present and future!!!!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
On Leanders it was dodgy boilers so we heard on the flight deck!!!

Which was always good news when on work up at Portland. (Another night at home!!!) A big thank you to all clankies past, present and future!!!!
We always aim to please, fortunately I was a greenie so left it to my mechanical brothers to keep the hot fog in the pipes :cool:

Waspie

War Hero
We always aim to please, fortunately I was a greenie so left it to my mechanical brothers to keep the hot fog in the pipes :cool:
Oh yeah!!! And an extra two weeks in Sunderland. So sad, such a shame!!! Back to the Workies I guess!!!! Stokers - ya gotta love em!!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Oh yeah!!! And an extra two weeks in Sunderland. So sad, such a shame!!! Back to the Workies I guess!!!! Stokers - ya gotta love em!!
I can blackcat that, an extra month at Cocoa Beach with a knackered gearbox, surfaced for a casing BBQ and it went a tad wrong , Ended up there for 3 months and Warspite had to do our running :cool:

Waspie

War Hero
I can blackcat that, an extra month at Cocoa Beach with a knackered gearbox, surfaced for a casing BBQ and it went a tad wrong , Ended up there for 3 months and Warspite had to do our running :cool:
Now you're talking. Cocoa Beach. What a place. Watched a Space Shuttle launch from the balcony of my hotel.. Awesome run ashore. No ship. Just three months running out of AUTEC!!!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Now you're talking. Cocoa Beach. What a place. Watched a Space Shuttle launch from the balcony of my hotel.. Awesome run ashore. No ship. Just three months running out of AUTEC!!!
We had to shift hotels halfway through and at the 2nd hotel (Merritt Island I think) there was a Canadian Rugby team on their annual jolly, they were from Halifax NS which was our next stop once the gearbox was fixed.

They were waiting for us on the jetty and Halifax was one of the best runs I've ever had because of them and the stuff they laid on.