March intake increasing?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by flopsical, Nov 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, new to posting on the boards as you can see but i have been reading for a while.

Just a quick query really, i'm booked in for my fitness test on the 12 and i've never been so excited for a treadmill in my life.

My AFCO has told me, on average, the wait time for a WE is around 12months from the date i did my pyschometric test (september).

But i seem to get mixed answers when ever i am in contact with him. He has also informed me that March next year the RN is increasing its intake, is this true? And if so is that likely to affect my waiting time?

I'm sure you're all fed up with the question "WHEN WILL I GET IN!?" i'm just extremely eager to get my life started which is what it feels like im waiting for!

Thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'd be inclined to believe your Careers Adviser rather than some random punter on a forum, to be honest.

Then again, maybe that's a double-bluff.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alright thanks for the quick response!

I do believe him its just with all the horror stories of long waits i've heard / read, it seems too good to be true!

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If there is a shortfall in a branch, it's not unknown for extra intakes to be scheduled or even brought forward.

Until you pass your PJFT your CA cannot click on the "request allocation" button, so there's no definitive answer as it depends how many training places are available in March for your branch and how many ET(WE) applicants nationwide pass the PJFT before 12th December and are allocated ahead of you.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  5. Alright thanks for the info, looking forward to it!

6. i was told that for a WE they are trying to bring them in.quick as they are needed in the service however i am going for a WE(SM) role so that may change things i was told by my afco that mid jan early feb?

when the going gets weird the weird turn pro

7. however just read ninjas comment agian and over most topics in joining up he has been on he tends to be on the money think hes in recruitment though so it makes sence. good luck anyways!

8. Ninja thinks he's in recruitment as well.

• Like Like x 3
  9. The waiting game is awesome, you'll love it!

10. Yeah its that part not looking forward to! The rest of the application has gone by relatively quickly which in a way makes the wait at the end seem even worse!

11. If its a shortage trade you might get a date pretty soon after you have been bid for fingers crossed! My CA asked me if i had thought of WE as they said it would be quicker but i hate maths, science and mechanics so maybe not a good fit haha. All the best with the rest of your app.

12. Im in the same boat so to speak (pun intended)

I passed my RT in April for WE, did my fitness test 05-11-13 and have been offered a start date of September 2014 (I'll have waited about 17 months in total). if that helps at all. I'm not sure if different personal circumstances can affect how long you wait though.

Good luck with your fitness test!

13. I sat mine in march (ETWE) and start raleigh 6th July. It seems to vary a lot

14. When did you pass your fitness?

15. 9th August

16. half way there and busychris are either of you going for submariners?

17. Nope, surface

18. I am not.. I think about it from time to time, maybe I'll try in a few years.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  19. fair enough cheers for the quick response

20. No amount of money would get me in one of those horrible things by my own free will haha!