Manic Street Preachers - 1 Badge PO !!

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by westwinds31, Jun 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watching Manic Street Preachers at Glastonbury and Nicky Wire has a Number 1 jacket on.....Petty Officers - only a 1 badgeman though !!! The RN lives on at Glastonbury !!! :flower:
  2. He's got some medal ribbons on that aren't easy to spot.....and the words RUSH underneath them....whatever that means !
  3. He (you sure it's a he? ;) ) is also fastening the jacket with a safety pin :confused:
  4. Must be a WAFU :thumright:
  5. Unfortunately that's about the only place it DOES live on now!

(Standing by)
  6. Effing WALT!

7. John Taylor from Duran Duran going for the "3 Badge PO" look....
    maybe we should rename this thread celebrity walts...

8. What like this?

9. Back in the seventies one of the Spinners, (Dirty old town, Flowers of Manchester, etc.), had a "ROMFT" sticker on his accoustic guitar. Not uniform but the buzz was that he got it after a session in Colling-grad. Probably a wind up though I always was gullible.
  10. In max and paddys road to no where they end up fighting in a bar with a load of "PO's" wearing square rig :) we were very bored that watch lol
  11. Not quite kosher is it - the last time I saw a single breasted jacket was a on an old time tiff in the 60s.
    Nice shiny badges though !!
  12. That's why there are none obtainable in slops....the bloody rock stars have 'em all.
    On divisions............Oi! Hookey....where's your other badge.
    Killick two badgeman......Some bleedin' rock star has it sir.....honest!
    Now would you believe him?
  13. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

RUSH = Lifeson, Peart & Lee.

Young Wire has excellent role models. He says so himself in various interviews you can 'Google' yourself. But I hate Walts! Hope he's not dissin' the uniform........
  14. I think I'll just check out ebay for cheap no 1 jackets. I've got a feeling they might start to fetch a few pounds if this catches on as a fashion item.