Manchester AFCO

Discussion in 'UPO/Careers Office' started by I'm not good at this, Jul 12, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. bit of a shot in the dark but hopefully someone will be able to tell me what's up with the phone lines at Manchester AFCO? been trying to call all day with no joy.

2. They obviously knew it was you calling, don't take it personal like?:D

3. I'd laugh if it wasn't so serious. Maybe you can help me with the situation.

I was emailed that I had a paper medical appointment regarding my application, the email stated that I was NOT to attend.

Now had a missed call from my careers advisor saying that I didn't turn up to the appointment and that my application will be rejected.

What's all that about :(

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Manchester AFCO are currently in a temporary office pending moving to an entirely new location. Snag is the phone numbers available are limited & they also have restricted access to the recruiting intranet.

Best bet? Just reply to the email, stating what you have already posted. Sounds like crossed wires & easy to remedy.

5. Thanks mate. I forwarded the email to my CA. If he has already deleted my application I won't have to start all over again when they realise the mistake will I?

6. Ninja_Stoker

I very much doubt it.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Check messages, should be easy to sort out tomorrow.

8. My sons Afco is also Manchester Peter street and ever since he put his application in in October there have been times when the phone will just ring out, this has gone on for days at a time! Just persevere like my son did, my son in the end sent email as it was the only way, my son also had a paper review and also stated he did not have to attend...good luck

9. Ninja_Stoker

The RN website hasn't been updated to reflect the temporary numbers unfortunately.

10. NS I hope you have pointed out the error of their ways, and explained the hassle they are causing the new recruits?