Man ( or woman) Overboard.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Rumrat, Mar 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have you ever been over the side whilst underway, not falling off the casement or off a stage whilst side party.

We struck the guardrails on the fo'csul of the Aurora whilst leaving Portland harbour in 67. We we're doing work up and our first evolution of that day was firing at a PTA.
    I was "A" turrets crew (2 of the left) and I slipped on the slope as I was going up to the cable deck and shot straight into the oggin.
    Even though we were still inside the breakwater, it frightened the shite out of me, and I had my life jacket on. The bastards in the sea boat told me I would get done for breaking ship and I actually believed them for a bit as the PO of the watch on deck went along with it.
    Ship looks really odd from that angle as well.
    Good job they didn't get a vote about picking me up or I would still be there. 8O :D

Edited to show favorite rig uptop.

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Health and safety have a lot to answer about. :angry7:
  3. Yes they do Wit's now drink properly like what I taught you. :D

4. witsend

Those H&S folk told me to use a straw, your a cunt.
  5. Yeah like being a cunt is news to me.....Afur Finger told me I was a few days ago :wink:
    He did mention you was as well but I didn't like to say.....actually he said we all were. 8O It's one of his few correct statements.
    Guilty as charged. :oops: 8O
  6. witsend

Don't worry about that helmet, when you ignore him he changes username and throws a hissy fit. If I was'nt sure, you would say its man in a woman's body whos confused by his man boobs and why theres only one hole. I'm happy being a lowly cunt, because I know your cuntness is greater and more powerful than mine. :wink:
  8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Rummers. Was this rather camp photo taken in August 72 as the side of it suggests?
  9. Yes mate on another ship, and its blowing a fuckin hooligan with waves the size of RR dits but not seen as such in pics.
    Either that or I was making a fashion statement, can't remember.

I was once with my oppo scrubbing out the NBCD (Main keyboard) flat, and me opps was scrubbing me wiping. Fuckin bastard was putting down oodles of ogin as it was me who had to get it up. I strolled down the grot and put my life jacket on, the sarcasm was not wasted on the twat :D :D
  10. Blackrat

Fair play!!

Not to make you feel old, i was born in August 72. :D
  11. Two months before my eldest daughter, Nov72.
    I was then 22 and attain the big 60 this year.
    But remember your as old as the women you feel. :wink:
    And I still have all my hair, wanna buy some? :D :twisted:
  12. Blackrat

Touche old chap :thumbleft:
  13. NBCDX on Manchester 1984 stokers got the shut off valves mixed up and at State 1Z the gunners mess started flooding me CPO Gunner thought it was a FOST Exercise when the Magazine crew piped up that the 4.5" Magazine was flooding and three feet of water, gunners dipped in a stinker not one of them got less than£1000 for kit that was "damaged"
  14. Mate of mine went over on the Exeter luckily for him during a MOBEX.

He was the bowman on the seaboat at the time and while it was about to be launched from deck edge level, he was sat in the boat with his arse outboard. The ship changed course quickly and a big goffer jumped up and knocked him flying out of the boat into the water. His life jacket quickly inflated and he popped up right next to the prop guard. They grabbed another lad to act as bowman and launched the seaboat quickly to pick him up, as it was quite rough and the middle of January, just off Guzz. They got him out fine and he saw the funny side. He even ended up connecting the seaboat back to the RFD hook as the replacement bowman couldn't work it out.

Unfortunately I was in the ops room for the whole incident, so I didn't get the chance to ridicule the fat cnut until we got down the mess later on.
  15. Didn't Jess Willard take the "leap of faith" fromthe flight deck of the "old Ark" after being told by a "club-swinger" to go and get the ff...... quoit when playing deck-hockey - forget the year - in the 70's sometime ..
  16. reminds me hasn't this thread been done before - anyway good for a "sea story eh"
  17. I've heard that one a couple of times but always assumed it to be an urban myth. Can anyone confirm?
  18. Started off rear left in this epic charity race for the rebuilding of Tamworth Sea Cadet Unit aboard the good raft Lollipop.

Did not fall overboard, was slung over during the mutiny that removed me from my iron fisted tyrannical rule.
    Seen here swimming to the oppositions raft who agreed to rescue me out of the goodness of their hearts.
    No actually I'm lying, I had to bribe them all with a tot.
  19. Ha fcuking RIBs always good for a laugh launched ours out the Gulf in 92 on YORK Coxn drove it Frd to the Jacobs ladder by the Bridge wing we look down goofing and in the bow of the boat was a fcuking gert seasnake Coxn and Bowman shot up the ladder and we had to wait for a goffer to wash the fecker away so we could do the transfer Cox'n A fat killick spec never seen the cnut climb a ladder so fast PMSL
  20. Oh yeah did another one with the RIB on York out the gulf in 90 we went over to cover a Gunex and NBCDX on Jupiter CPOWEM(O) reet fat fecker gets on Jupiters Jacobs ladder at the wrong time RIB on the downward roll CWEM(O) disappeared under water hazardous duty inflates and fcuk me I wet myself laughing as he surfaced wish to fcuk I had a picture.
    Cherry B winter 73 Copenhagen put the dimwit AB FX POS over the side to paint the anchor once he was down we lowered him straight into the water minus 10 with ice floes in the harbour when we pulled him back up the fcuking topcoat grey had fozen and so had his hair wish to fcuk they had mobile phones with cameras in those days