Man jailed over dockyard swindle - Guzz

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by 5dits, Apr 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cheeky sods! Hanging's too good for 'em! And they'll have a cushy time in gaol; en-suite cells, TV and computer games and the like. Fair makes me angry. Still, they did get caught; what about the tripehounds who get away with it?
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. As I remember it, the first Secretary to the Navy Board, a certain S Pepys, worked diligently at stamping out influence and power of private suppliers in the Royal Dockyards. What short memories they have in Parliament.
  4. "Lunched too well". An offence we've probably all been guilty of - but going into the witness box ?? :pukel: :pukel:
  5. Going by the 'amount' of work not carried out in Guzz dockyard throughout my time I reckon its been going on for years and probably still is. 'Galvanize yer car me bird'...fifty quid ok'!
  6. Because crown servants are inherently as honest as the day is long, to a man ;)

Looks like p!ss poor contract management to me.
  7. Any punishment dished out? A recent murder trial, where the accused and family were reported laughing and sniggering during the trial. I have been looking out for these been dragged to court for contempt, but I have not seen or heard anything. ???????
  8. k;xjcn kl\n cf
  9. Don't you understand the concept of being an entrepreneur?

He is a clear example par excellence!

Anyone remember the ro-ro named in honour of Mrs T.... the Herald of Free Enterprise? Remember her contribution to business ethics?
  10. To show how dumb the auditing authority, he was putting in claims for a period when the Dockyard was on STRIKE - now who else was taking a backhander ?
    A lot of my family worked in Guzz Dockyard from the end of WW II, and it was going on before then, and probably will be long after I've gone - part of life, no matter how much we object to it. Now if you want to eliminate graft and corruption, let's start at Parliament, and the MoD - that's where the BIG TIME fiddles are.....
  11. From todays Truth Central: ( for those with)

It looks like it was written by professional journo; such gems as "company boss", "masterminding the scam", "skimming" and "revamp of the Trident Submarine Refit Project"
  12. Dockyard Maties children
    Sittin' on the dockyard wall
    Just like their fathers
    Doin' bugger all

When they grow up
    They'll be dockyard Maties too
    Just like their fathers
    With fcuk all to do

From the Venerable Bede - Quote "fabricated staff supposedly working on upgrading a coracle at Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth"

From Sir Francis Drake - Quote "fabricated staff supposedly working on upgrading a fireship at Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth"

From Samuel Pepys - Quote "fabricated staff supposedly working on upgrading a wooden frigate at Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth"

From Lord Nelson - Quote "fabricated staff supposedly working on upgrading a HMS Victory at Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth"

From Sir Winston Churchill First Sea Lord - Quote "fabricated staff supposedly working on upgrading a Dreadnaught at Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth"

The only thing that's new here is that it was Sweaty Socks robbing the Dockyard but since they have been robbing the English for a few hundred years now [and very ably led by Laird Golden Broone of Clakmannanshire at the moment I might add] we should get used to it :bball: