Man fights for life after carjacking bid

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hmm, call me cynical, Jack McH, but I assume the cops who were talking to you were not the only Policemen on duty at the time, and there may have actually been other units in the area who may have been checking other vehicles at the same time, while you were having your details checked? :?

And by the way, it is SOPs to check the drivers' paperwork and to conduct a field breath test in the event of an RTI/RTA/RTC, regardless of whether you are the the complainant or not. :oops:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
With reference to the original story, I feel it is inappropriate for me to comment until the investigation is complete and further details are released.

sgtpepperband said:
Hmm, call me cynical, Jack McH, but I assume the cops who were talking to you were not the only Policemen on duty at the time, and there may have actually been other units in the area who may have been checking other vehicles at the same time, while you were having your details checked? :?

And by the way, it is SOPs to check the drivers' paperwork and to conduct a field breath test in the event of an RTI/RTA/RTC, regardless of whether you are the the complainant or not. :oops:

Then the SOPs can be wrong surely. The average member of the public, who has done nothing wrong does not have the slightest interest in police SOPs.
Has the age of common dog completely gone?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
...Hmm, and on arrival at a SOI a Police Officer tends not to immediately believe the eye witness when they say "it wasn't my fault", and will use the Alcometer to prove/disprove his involvement in the incident. :roll:

Latest Threads