Man fights for life after carjacking bid

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Jun 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What an outcombe. I for one am not going to wish him a speedy recovery, quite the opposite :thumright: :thumright:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/Man-fights-for-life-after.4189081.jp

threatening injuries after he fell from a woman's vehicle just moments after climbing into the back and ordering her to drive.
    The man got into the Toyota Rav4 as it waited at traffic lights in Southampton Road, ready to turn into Port Way leading to Port Solent.

He got into the back passenger side of the car and told the 53-year-old female driver to drive. Her 18-year-old son was also in the car.

The car turned into Port Way and moments later the man fell from the vehicle on to the road.

During the fall he suffered potentially life-threatening injuries. The police have not yet released details of how he fell from the car.

An air ambulance was called and the man was rushed to Southampton General Hospital for treatment. His injuries were described as life-threatening.

He remained unconscious in hospital today and has not yet been interviewed by police.

The incident happened at 4.10pm on Saturday.

Police say a man standing on the corner of Port Way may have seen the man climb into the Toyota or fall from the vehicle and are urging him to get in touch.

PC Scott Davison, from Cosham Roads Policing Unit, said: 'I would appeal to anyone who may have seen either the man getting into the car at the traffic lights on Southampton Road, or the incident where he fell on to Port Way, to get in contact.

'In particular, any of the people in the other vehicles that may have been behind the Rav 4 and witnessed the incident should call me.'

Paul O'Shea, from Portchester, drove past the scene with his family moments after it happened and stopped to offer help.

He said: 'The guy was lying on the road without his shoes on and he was in a real state. He was barely conscious and there was blood everywhere.

'We thought he had been run over.'

Anyone with information should contact the Cosham Roads Policing Unit, quoting Operation Firtrees, on 0845 045 4545 or 01962 841534, or call Crimestoppers anonyously on 0800 555111.

2. So,theres is some justice in the world.

Strike one scroat!!

3. I have to say it was very inconvenient getting into Port Solent to the movies on Saturday night, police everywhere. How thoughtless!

4. If things go true to form at the moment the driver will get arrested, done for dangerous driving, sued by the scrote and end up in prison.

It saddens me that what I have just said is tounge in cheek but these things have a horrid habit become realitity.

:banghead:

5. He should have flew off of the car and broke his frigging neck !! :w00t:

6. ha ha

cupid stunt

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Women drivers eh! Why didn't she reverse over him?

8. Those Rav 4s are death traps!! Hope the cnut lingers painfully for a few months then carks it.
    Probably won't though, will be richly compensated and housed/cared for at the taxpayers expense for yonks!!

9. I was parked up and hit and run by a 4x4
    I called the police
    I was breathalysed, I had to produce my licence, I had to produce my insurance, and my car was checked over, and the exicse licence examined

No trace or action on the hit and run, well fair enough, by the time it had happened and he took Off I had not seen nor written down his number, neither had the two witnesses
    Yet it is I who is given the shakeover by Plod

Jack McH

10. That just about sums up the laws in this country !!they are an ass

11. They'll probably charge the driver for carrying a passenger without a seat belt on .

Mind you I suspect the 'hijacker ' didn't realise the woman had a passenger -------- surprise surprise !! :bball: :bball:

:nemo: :nemo:

12. They would do that in your favour --cos when you claim for accident damage to your car the insurance company would want verification of the accident details. Just incase you were a bad lad and trying to work a fraudulent insurance claim.
    The cops aren't all that bad.

:nemo: :nemo:

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, call me cynical, Jack McH, but I assume the cops who were talking to you were not the only Policemen on duty at the time, and there may have actually been other units in the area who may have been checking other vehicles at the same time, while you were having your details checked? :?

And by the way, it is SOPs to check the drivers' paperwork and to conduct a field breath test in the event of an RTI/RTA/RTC, regardless of whether you are the the complainant or not. :oops:

14. Got into the back of a Rav4? I wouldn't even get into the front of one of them dogs!
    He deserves all he gets..

15. sgtpepperband

With reference to the original story, I feel it is inappropriate for me to comment until the investigation is complete and further details are released.

16. Then the SOPs can be wrong surely. The average member of the public, who has done nothing wrong does not have the slightest interest in police SOPs.
    Has the age of common dog completely gone?

17. sgtpepperband

...Hmm, and on arrival at a SOI a Police Officer tends not to immediately believe the eye witness when they say "it wasn't my fault", and will use the Alcometer to prove/disprove his involvement in the incident. :roll: