"Man dead in suspected terror attack"

Seadog

War Hero
Stan,
It's a long time since I used - for familiarisation purposes only- an HK MP5 but I seem to recall it was chambered for 9mm, not 5.56mm. And the coppers doing the shooting last week appeared -from my vantage point on the interweb - to be using side arms which are, according to the Met's own site are Glock 17s.

G

guestm

Stan,
It's a long time since I used - for familiarisation purposes only- an HK MP5 but I seem to recall it was chambered for 9mm, not 5.56mm. And the coppers doing the shooting last week appeared -from my vantage point on the interweb - to be using side arms which are, according to the Met's own site are Glock 17s.

On the videos and pictures, at least one officer does appear to have an MP5, which is indeed 9mm. The rest have sidearms as above.

Stan,
I bow to your superior knowledge, didn't really trawl through the internet because the whole episode was a bit too upsetting. I think your corect it may well be 9mm therefore probably lower velocity than the 5.56mm and as for pistols notoriously difficult to fire accurately at any distance further than 20 - 30 metres and when stressed even more so.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Stan: You've assumed that the FSU officers that attended the incident were "stressed" and the female officer present was "shaking like a shitting dog"? How would you know what their state of mind was? If FSU officers were stressed about the prospect of using their weapons in a hostile environment like that, then they would be removed from frontline duties.

As it happens, the female officer has significant operational experience, which includes engaging with lethal force. A 'shaking dog' she is most definitely not!

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
So DREDD, just tell me why you find my explanation "A Little Suspect", is it because I live in a country where we bend over backwards to accommodate different creeds, colours, genders etc etc, not once did I spout any of the racist bollox that others on here shout off about, if you read my post correctly, I said initially, "rightly or wrongly attributed etc etc" not once did I quote twatface or any other (un)social media site. I was merely commenting on the content. Yes you can come and live here in our country, however abide by the laws that govern our land. as for "Homegrown Idiots" I doubt that we will ever stop them. Just like you who have your point of view.... I have mine. So take your suspicious head off. Rant over.... (no doubt you will reply to this post out of context as you did my previous). Good Day !!

Nah, can't be bothered. If you cannot get it then no amount of explanation is going to help. Good rant though. Here is your post again, in it's entirety, so everyone can see the context. Or did you want me to multi-post your full contribution to the thread just to be sure? :scratch:

flymo

War Hero
When was the last time that a person of indigenous stock hacked the head off a member of the armed forces whilst shouting out to his\her (we are PC of course) god?

G

guestm

When was the last time that a person of indigenous stock hacked the head off a member of the armed forces whilst shouting out to his\her (we are PC of course) god?

Your point is asinine, murders are carried out daily by all types for all sorts of apparent 'reasons' or excuses. Plus; 'Indigenous' is a myth, I challenge you to define it.

Latest Threads