Malt lover? What are your favourite malts?

This is for the whisky drinkers amongst us who like our malts. My favourites are the Islay malts, in particular: Port Ellen (1982:13yo), Ardbeg, Caol Ila

Plus of the other whiskies: Glenturret, Clynelish, Rosewood, Old Pulteney & Scapa.

Scran_Bag

Lantern Swinger
Many years ago, I was told by a Sweaty Sock that
"There is no such thing as a bad whisky " and I believe that to be so.It's just that some are better than others.
That's a bit profound for this time of day aint it?

Always_a_Civvy said:
This is for the whisky drinkers amongst us who like our malts. My favourites are the Islay malts, in particular: Port Ellen (1982:13yo), Ardbeg, Caol Ila

Plus of the other whiskies: Glenturret, Clynelish, Rosewood, Old Pulteney & Scapa.
I have to agree about the Islay malts although I only discovered them recently after reading Raw Spirit by Ian Banks (reccomended reading).

I was in our local offy recently and they had a malt called Drumguish on sale for £9.99, well I couldn't resist at that price and it's not bad. It's on the young side but with nice grassy, peaty flavours. Apparently it normally sells for between £12 and £17.00 and if you see it, it is well worth getting in for when you don't want to share the really good stuff!