male only ships

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by danny, Dec 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. how many male only ships are there left in the fleet?
    and which are they?
    which sort of ship would you take if you had a choice?

2. Bearded men only ship please! :D :lol:

3. I have a photo of hig with a beard!

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Are you sure its not one of his French woman??

5. None, apart from submarines.

6. But Submarines arent ships are they????

7. No, but..... but.... ;)

8. Well not amongst real men their not.

9. I think sutherland may still be a men only ship, but think its getting refitted to get be able to deal with wrens.

Not sure if it is the suth is one.erland mind you, but im sure there

10. Have you been sniffing swarfega agaain stokes?

11. Just to repeat it again; this being from the National Maritime Museum.

"The Historic Ships Committee have designated a vessel below 40 tons and 40 feet in length as a boat. However, submarines and fishing vessels are always known as boats whatever their size."

Now if you wish to argue with them so be it.

Of course Narrow Boats on the UK canal system are under 40 tons but most are over 40 feet in length so you do wonder.

Nutty

12. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As Officer appointing is gender free, there are no exclusively male ships any more. There are some, however, that are male ratings only ie fitted for, but not with ... as it were...

13. Please post it Rosie. Does he look as cuddly as Uncle Albert? :wink: :lol:

14. Yes Sutherland is a stag ship, I believe HMS Gloucester is (barring wardroom) as well

15. Don't suppose it'll be long before they're "infected" then! Unless they come out of service first tho!! :) Ouch!

16. I wonder what a Female only ship would be like. I'm sure this has been covered before but i'd like to be a searider on one at BOST ;)

17. The USN tried it on the Lexington back in the 80s. (Not totally female, but as many females as possible). Did a deployment to the Med. IIRC it was known as the sexy lexy.

18. And for one week per month the token blokes lived in fear of their lives !!

19. Just googled the above, found no reference to it, so it may be a gash buzz.

20. Try 4 weeks a month :lol: