Making Waves

ET(WE)Sutton

Lantern Swinger
Hello Everyone.

Well i found this Royal Navy Drama With The episodes online and i wanted to see if you guys wanted the link...

let me know.

simonjgriffithshr

Lantern Swinger
I've got to say, having watched them all now (on my shiny disks), that it is a terrible shame they cancelled it. (Well, it was anyway). Episode 4 is a cracker, definitely watch that one.

Are you all quite mad? It was abysmal - a huge missed opportunity. The storyline was rubbish in all episodes (except episode 4, granted), the characters were unsympathetic, the acting was crap, it was unrealistic and had viewing figures approaching zero. The critics hated it, the public hated it, and 75% of the Navy hated it.

I really REALLY wanted it to be good. But it wasn't, and most people agreed, as shown by the fact it was cancelled mid-series (a VERY rare occurrence in TV land - there were only 3 more). You lot should stop pretending to like something just 'cos there's a white ensign showing - rent Sailor on DVD, or an old war movie - MUCH better.

dondon

MIA
geoffrey said:
Are you all quite mad? It was abysmal - a huge missed opportunity. The storyline was rubbish in all episodes (except episode 4, granted), the characters were unsympathetic, the acting was crap, it was unrealistic and had viewing figures approaching zero. The critics hated it, the public hated it, and 75% of the Navy hated it.

I really REALLY wanted it to be good. But it wasn't, and most people agreed, as shown by the fact it was cancelled mid-series (a VERY rare occurrence in TV land - there were only 3 more). You lot should stop pretending to like something just 'cos there's a white ensign showing - rent Sailor on DVD, or an old war movie - MUCH better.

Have to agree with you "geoffrey" , absolute shite , :twisted:

simonjgriffithshr

Lantern Swinger
So, geoffrey, you're saying that in essence, it was like Eastenders with grey floaty thingies... ;)

I have to agree it was a little too soap-opera-ish for my liking, but it was still a darn sight better than most of the crap on TV.