make up

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ugbmtim, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. are you allowed to wear any make up in the navy do any of you know??
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Depends. Are you male of female? I think for some of our egg-carrying species, it's mandatory... :roll:
  3. [[Bone]]

Your suitcase is going to be pretty full with the kitlist requirements, Irons and silvershadows take up room: Are you sure you can take that lad?
  4. You arnt allowed makeup in basic are you... but its fine after that isnt it?
    I feel a complete state with no makeup on =[
  5. When I joined 16 odd years ago -we (egg carrying members of the RN!)were encouraged to wear make up when in nos 1 (best unifrom to those not in the know) - however I only ever wear make up to mess functions. I have always thought it looks untidy and makes a mess of your uniform. I have many a trainee I have had to order to go and remove some of the pancake on their face as it has looked awful. As a word of advice from a female member if it is light and subtle you will be okay but when you are at sea you probably won't have the time or the desire to put a face on - save it for special occaisions - it does your skin wonders - remember the more make up you wear the less your skin can breathe and the more spots may get.

Hope that helps
  6. Whats an egg carrier? :)
  7. Female
  8. aka the easter bunny!
  9. Ohh I like the easter bunny!
  10. I am realy SO glad that somebody else answered your question Topaz!!!!!!

If I had you would think I was just a grumpy old man!

11. I've heard that you are a grumpy old man McC...with or without your make up!!! ^~ ^~ :thumright:
  12. No he's alwys much sweeter when he has his makeup on.
    Normally borrows it from the chief stoker. :thumright:
  13. Stripey;

My reputation clearly precedes me!!!!

I had no idea that when made up in the Towers with my Thai friends we were trapping members of RR. Had I known then a discount could have been arranged.

Having said that, I have been called Grumpy before..................

14. ...but does the chief stoker KNOW this????????? :whew:
  15. ..and now you tell me!!!!!!!!!
  16. As for you Slim - tried yours once and you know it was cheap stuff that just brought me out in a rash!!!

Thankfully Mrs McC arrives this w/e and I can get to use decent stuff again!
  17. I know, I use that Rimmel crap, Chief stoker is loaded and buys his from QVC
  18. No complaints at the time Stripey!

You want the best or you want one of the rest? Remember - No money no honey!!

(Thank God Mrs McC arrives this weekend).

19. Why ??, are you going to sell her to some rich Oriental :rendeer: :thumright: