Major SAR Off The Welsh Coast

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by SARKING, Nov 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Major SAR underway off the Welsh coast. MV Swanland.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. Sounds like a tramp steamer has broken up. I doubt the 6 missing men will be found alive.

The Navy Hymn - YouTube
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  4. Ninja_Stoker

5. Ninja_Stoker

Have to say, amidst the grief, I find it rather distateful that the RAF feel it necessary or feel the need to highlight the obvious fact that HRH Prince William, a SAR pilot based in the search area, has been involved in the recovery operation.

Whilst I have no gripe with the prince, the RAF publicity campaign leaves a rather sour taste.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  6. I would suggest the moment a RAF Aircraft from Valley was used, the first question to be asked by any media outlet would be 'Was Prince William involved?'. The RAF will always be on a looser, because the fact will be leaked if they don't answer.

And why do the media ask the question? Because the Great British Public find it in their "interest", cf Leveson.
  7. This is one aspect of SAR I have never got to grips with. We operate all weather, day/night capable helo's some with IR capability and yet searches are called off overnight!!! I can understand the ground crews, bit awkward stumbling about in the dark but the air assets!!!

Before anyone says anything, I was in the system and never understood it then either.

Only hope the dawn brings good news.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Poor RAF eh? Bless, can't win when it comes to Persec policy.

Let's hope their mangement reciprocate the charitable outlook when it comes to strategic defence planning.
  9. Culdrose SAR was also in attendance. I can confirm that no member of royalty was flying for 771.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. But everyone who ever served on 771 is God Like!!!! :angel7:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Do we simple mechanics get to take a bow then Scouse?:laughing2:
  12. Of course all are welcome at 771 Sqd ,to sit at the table of GOD!! AKA The Aircrewman/Diver:-D
  13. Fxxk him, they're highlighting the fact that he's working for a living. They can't say that about the others.
  14. I wonder if he's learnt to apply his brakes once he's landed yet?
  15. Doesn't he have a "man" to do that for him?