Mail: "Service WAGS' Calendar Raises £26,000 for H4H"

Discussion in 'Charity' started by soleil, Apr 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now why don't all stokers look like this.
    [​IMG]

2. I'm wondering where that photograph was taken.

3. Thank you, WreckerL, I wouldn't have been able to guess that one.

I imagine that you had to have a careful look at the photo just to be sure ............

:lol:

4. I've bought one! Just waiting for it to arrive, and for my girlfriend to not be home ;)

5. How about a Royal Navy Gronk board calendar?

Be good for a laugh

6. Took me hours :wink:

7. You've been seen off for 3.5 months worth!!!

I was 'forced' to buy mine from a female Lt before last Christmas, don't regret it but I spend far too much time away from the office to fully appreciate it!

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm wondering why the gear train on the lathe hasn't got the guards fitted, but then it's probably an age thing...

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Is it just me or can anyone else spot the uncovered muff in the food fight photo? (far right, middle distance)

10. You're a sad man (but yes you can)

11. Ninja_Stoker

Indeed he is.

More to the point, I note there isn't a yellow hazard line around the deck of that there lathe either...

12. wet_blobby

Sad.....sad.....Observant I prefer to call it. :wink:

And whilst we're on the subject well done to the Royal Navy for gallantly stepping forward and showing the girls how to shape a beret like a matelot does.

13. RAF!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: [​IMG] Dream on CRABS!!! Fleet Air Arm Sea Vixen 131 899 Sqdn Hms Eagle Quote Phil White I was a LAM on that final tour of 899 on the Eagle and plane captain of 131 and remember painting a Skull and crossbones on the nose before she disembarked for the last time ! I also sadly had a hand in the flower painting too

14. Ninja_Stoker

There is of course an art to shaping the coveted blue beret. One which the higher-up the ranks you go, the more apparent the lack of this art appears to exist.

15. wet_blobby

Off on a tangent here but......hey ho.

What is it with the military and headdress? I was on parade once, long time ago, I was slim. So there's Blobbs in his best blues and tucker on the flight deck of HMS Fearless which is sat in Sevastapol Harbour. All these Russian occifers came on board to peer at us, I think they may have done other stuff as well but we were obviously the star attraction at the circus, the higher up in rank they where the wider the flat cap they wore was, I kid you not some of them would of put a Mexican in his sombrero to shame. How I managed to keep a straight face is all down to the Sarn't major giving me the evils for nearly giggling.

16. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, seen a few Royal Navy like that too. If the bloke on the right does a sharp 'about-turn', my guess is his hat would remain 'eyes-front'.

[​IMG]

17. wet_blobby

On the upside if a high ranking female russian officer went down on you with her hat on you'd be able to not only rest your stubbie on her hat but you'd probably get the next ten or eleven beers on there as well.

18. In 97 or 98 a Russian warship came into Guzz for a visit. We all bimbled round to have a skeg at the opposition and I swear some of the geezers hats were prototype ski ramps. [email protected] wouldn't swap them for a beret either.

[​IMG]