Mail: "Royal Navy's 260 Captains For Just 19 Warships"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Oct 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

OK, the Daily Mail AND Sharkey, they're both my favourites.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sensationalist, poorly researched journalism that does the Naval Service no favours. As usual, the fact that these "40 admirals" include those with honorary rank (like the Duke of Edinburgh) plus Royal Marine generals appears to have escaped the Daily Wail. The article also ignores the LPDs, LPHs, MCMVs, patrol craft, survey ships, Antarctic patrol ship, SSBNs, SSNs, RFAs, Fleet Air Arm squadrons, Royal Marines, battle staffs, naval bases, shore establishments, MoD, NATO & EU posts, other international exchange posts and embassy staffs in its reckoning.

Apart from anything else, the STC deserves a two-star admiral all of its own (but I bet it won't get one).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Has any one told the mail that alot of them ships they're gobbing off about actually have commanders and the like as... er ...Captains and not er... Captains as Captains or would that just muddy the waters?

4. How many MPs are there? And how many cabinet positions?

It's a disgrace bound to impact on house prices.

Tomorrow's Wail headline? I think not!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (iOS)

5. Mail, what do they know.

There's the Cap't of the Heads for starters.

Flight Deck Captain.

Journo's what the fug do they know!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Pinched from 'Singing Defaulters' performed in a Sods' Opera 1966:

"I am the Captain bold, /Of this magnificent ship. /I rise from my bed about noon /I sleep in the afternoon; /And in between I serve my Queen, /The finest Captain ever seen: /I’ll be an admiral soon."

7. Honestly who the **** buys this paper to keep it in business? Why aren't there care workers stopping them from doing so.

• Like Like x 1
  8. :grin:

Just for interest, the answer is some 1.8 million people each day; it's the UK's second best selling daily newspaper.

The UK's best selling newspaper, with an average daily circulation of over 2.25 million is ...........

The Sun.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Proof, as if it were needed, that we are a nation of idiots.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Good to hear you finally admit you're an idiot MLP.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm British, comes with the territory.

12. I can about cope with the Sun it has tits and its sports coverage is pretty decent. Why people buy the mail I really have no idea.

13. The best quiz page in any of the papers. A whole double spread of the things.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

14. Doesn't referring to them as 'newspapers' contravene the trades description act ?.....next thing you know, they'll be calling MacDonalds 'restaurants'.

They don't even have a wine list !

15. Plus they stopped selling Root Beer, the bastards.

16. Godamn the bounders !!!..... where will it all end.............next thing you know they'll be serving you in your car.!!!