Mail: "Royal Navy Ordered To turn Ship's Guns Around"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Oct 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Doesn't anyone at the Mail ever check the facts before rushing into print ? The 'GUNS' are a little bit further forward. They, without a doubt, were pointing at her suite.
    The article never said whether the 4.5's or the missile launcher were actually moved.

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

"Ordered"?

I'm not aware of the US SS being in the CO EDINBURGH's chain of command. Even if the ship was in a US port, the only orders any US authority could give the CO is to leave. More likely they dropped by or sent a naval officer to say; 'it doesn't look good, we were wondering if you could see your way to.....'

As it very likely didn't happen the way it has been reported, this is more like an example of Mike Critchley and the press going over the top. Mike Critchley's experience of the US Secret Service is probably the same as my experience of the FBI.

3. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

I wonder if a member of the ship's company tells a little story, you know to make people laugh about their time away. Someone tells someone else who tells a work mate and there you have it story in the Press and the Duty Media bloke thinking WTF?

I have no doubt if the First Lady was in the hotel and the ship there that the Secret Service will have popped on board to have a chat. They would have built in to any plan the option of getting their Principal onboard if things get tricky.

In my opinion a non story, gash barge rumour.

4. http://poundtown.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/****-yeah-4.jpg

• Like Like x 1