Mail: "Female RAF Recruits Get £100k ... Because They Were Made To March Like Men"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Nov 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well it is a long way from the rooms to reception in most 5 star establishments! :)

You couldn't make it up!!!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Oh ffs. What about the short arse blokes??

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  3. A. It's the RAF, they don't get issued with spines.
    B. The female members of every RAF camp I've ever been to certainly haven't complained about any pelvic injuries bestowed upon them.
    C. What a crock of shit.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Shite like this is what keeps women from moving as far forward as we can, fack sake. If you join then surely you understand the physical rigours and demands. My dad comes across plenty of blokes who are either coming to the end of their military careers or left prematurely and took up civvy roles due to messed up knees, hips etc; arguably and probably aggravated/caused by military life. Do they on the whole demand and receive compo, nein.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Specific rules about pace length were laid down to counteract a known problem. Ignoring these rules meant that the training staff involved were directly responsible for breaking some trainees. The MOD were at fault.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. On the other hand, every ex-serviceman that I know personally, has claimed for everything possible, as is their entitlement.
  7. Alot of his colleagues/people have been in contact with have been told it is hard to distinguish the amount of damage sustained from essential mil duties and recreational running and phys. I agree people should but it should be fair to blokes as well, if it is then good :) before anyone says i am not in the military lolz but at the end of the day its a messageboard, so fack it
  8. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

The length of march is 27" in mixed groups precisely because women are injured when marching at 30" paces. The RAF deliberately put a set of guidelines in to stop this happening. The instructors chose to ignore these very clear rules.

The end result is that they injured 3 people who lost their careers, and cost the MOD £300,000 simply for not following the rules.

The people at fault here at not those who claimed, but those who chose to believe that they knew better than the regulations.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Oi, I resemble that remark.

Just make the cheque payable to Ninja_Stoker, or does it only apply to other genders, rather than height?
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hubby????? Oh no, he's ex crab! Ooooh hang on a mo', where's there's blame...

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It's not necessary to have served in order to have an opinion.

I suggest this is an area where it is not credible to opine in generalities. If an injury can be shown to be attributable to service, then the claim will be accepted. The onus of course, is on the claimant to prove that any injury is attributable.

It used to be the case that any injury claimed for within, I think, 7 years of leaving, would be deemed attributable, but I don't know if this is still the case.

Anyhow, the tens of thousands who claimed for noise-induced deafness, when cut-off levels were brought into line with civilian claim levels some years ago, stands as evidence directly contradicting your suggestion that most service-leavers just get on with things.
  12. Can I claim for ADAWS ruining my eyesight and HF wrecking my hearing?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. If thats going to be the case GET RID OF ALL FEMALE TROOPS
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yes. Just tell them I said you could.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Or maybe sign a disclaimer at basic training! "Walking in a straight line behind somebody with longer legs may make you bandy!" And a caveat that being on a joint force base with Monty may have the same affect!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  16. Oh dear....
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Is this the best the DM can really write regarding defence news?
  18. I am sure MOD could come up with a counter claim on the eyesight at least :jerk:
  19. Pardon? .